Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 PBS: Matters of Race - We're Still Here
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
While spinning through all the mindless television programming tonight, we came across PBS's We're Still Here. The program took an interesting and contemporary look at the Lokata Native American Indians and Native Hawaiians. On the topic of Hawai`i, Hawaiian homestead land, schools and the Office of Hawaiian Affairs was discussed. We're pretty sure we caught a glimse of Kaliko Beamer-Trapp in one scene.

BTW, nothing against mindless TV, I watch it every night!

Andy

David
Akahai

92 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2003 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Send David an ICQ Message
Andy, I wish I had seen this. Have to keep a finger to the pulse of PBS. A couple years ago I saw a spellbinding hula performance on PBS, Holo Mai Pele performed by Halau O Kekuhi. It was about the selection of Halema'uma'u as her home. PBS just had a week dedicated to the blues, paying respect to some great talent.

Anyway, I'm glad that these issues are alive Somewhere.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000