Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 kawika slack key
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  12:10:38 PM  Show Profile
hey all you guys,
I just last week got a copy of an "old" sons of hawaii cd;and there,s a tune on it that I've fallen in love with....so much so that I've learned to play it. what I'm wondering is if anyone else out there has heard it and knows who is the player? who wrote it? and who it was written for? Dennis Kamakahi was the guitar player for the SOH at that time but this tune is played in a really old style (my favorite) not usually Denis's. Can any one out there help me out?
thanks,
allan

ps. the way to play this one is to use C major tuning for sure! CGEGCE

b3d

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi bobby, which cd is it on?

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  12:44:22 PM  Show Profile
I have that song on cassette on the Sons of Hawai`i Ho`Omau HSC-5005, and it credits the song to David (Feet) Rogers.

Me ke aloha,

Debbie B
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  2:10:16 PM  Show Profile
hey debbie,
that really helps; especially since, I believe, kawika means "david". and keith..the cd (I think)was made from the i Ho Omau casset.I wonder then if David "feet" rogers is the player? any ways it sure is nicely "written" and nicely played.

allan

b3d
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  2:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
allen, where did you find the CD? i spent some time searching and couldn't find it. it sounds like a good recording to have.

hey debbie, did you change your e-mail address?

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  2:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hey Keith,

I'm not sure why, but sometimes my emails to Debbie bounce back. I'm assuming the same happened to you? Don't know the cause but if you keep trying, it will get through.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  3:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
andy - yup, that's what happened. thanks for the advice...

Keith
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  4:00:36 PM  Show Profile
hey keith,
I think this "cd" is not availalble but give me a month or so and , if you still want a copy i'll try to get my son to burn you one.
b3d

b3d
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  01:45:02 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Allen - me too? Would your son mind burning two? Mahalo, I'm ready <at last> for MaunaLoa tuning. ou hui hou...

cathe
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  12:14:44 PM  Show Profile
oops!
hey cathe; sounds good...give me a call.
b3d

b3d
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000