Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Share-A-Link
 Any Surfers out there in TP land?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  3:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage
A friend of mine, who has been collecting Bing Surfboards for years, has started a website that is sort of a pictorial history of my surfboard business in the 60's and early 70's. Check it out, it's pretty cool.
"http://www.classicbingsurfboards.com"

Bing

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  4:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Aloha Bing! Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the reference to the site...I don't surf but still enjoyed the site. (You can't live in San Diego without at least having an appreciation for surfing!)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

mike hedrick
Aloha

7 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2004 :  2:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike hedrick's Homepage
Sweet looking sticks dewd.
Here on the east coast of the mainland I boogies board mostly with some long boarding if the waves are right.

thanks for sharing
peace
<><

"Leap, the NET will appear."
Go to Top of Page

milikona
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  1:55:19 PM  Show Profile
You can't live in San Diego without at least having an appreciation for surfing!)

Craig,
How's the surf music scene down in San Diego. I mean the old surf instrumentals (Pipeline, Wipeout...etc). Any local bands down there performing surf instrumentals???

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  2:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
It's alive and well Milt! In fact, one of the guys in our slack key group down here has a band that plays all surf instrumentals. Probably the most famous local surf instrumental band are the Duo-Tones (Paul Johnson from the Bel-Aires and the Surfaris and Gary Orr from the Chantays, both San Diego residents). I've seen them live and they are outstanding! You can check them out here:

http://www.zptdudamusic.com/duo-tones/

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 03/15/2004 2:10:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  2:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Someday I'll try surfing. In the meantime, I think it's cool to be in the presence of a celebrity (i.e. International Surfboard Builders Hall of Fame Inductee).

Andy
Go to Top of Page

milikona
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2004 :  11:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Craig,
I had the opportunity to see the Duo-Tones perform last year and have their Acoustic Surf music CD. I recently saw Paul Johnston performing with the Surfaris on a Public TV special..

What is the name of your friend's Surf Band?

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  12:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
The RoyalTones: http://www.royaltones.com/band.htm

Craig
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000