Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 HELP... Hawaiian Music Needed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cozmicturtle
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Aloha... I'm looking for any musicians that can play slack key and/or ukulele. I'll be getting married on August 14th in Half Moon Bay, CA and need a musician for the ceremony and the reception(approx. 3-4 hours). Solo or group will work just fine. I'll pay good and feed you until you can't eat anymore... If your interested I can be contacted at oceanbeach76 @ aol.com or at 916-240-8800. Mahalo!

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  5:43:15 PM  Show Profile
You're in luck -- there are many musicians in the SF Bay area who play Hawaiian music and can be hired (if their schedule permits). For a full list, see:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~halkop/bands.html

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  10:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
... and, i know that donley smith and fran guidry (both taropatchians) play at weddings. donley has been playing with led during his bay area tour (and rumor has it that fran has been stalking donley at these concerts :-) seriously, both are great musicians.

keith
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  12:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Gee, Keith, thanks for letting all my secrets out. Just because I was complaining to you about Donley closing his bedroom curtains!!

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

donley
Aloha

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  10:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit donley's Homepage  Send donley a Yahoo! Message
Nothing is private? Led has been wonderful and generous these last couple of weeks. I have gotten to play as "guest artist" three times and a fourth coming up this week in Mill Valley. Led, always the teacher, has been instructing me on focus. Or should I say, FOCUS!! I have played and sang too, but Led has been like a whirlwind of notes all around me. Sometimes I think he might be deliberately trying to distract me just to see how I will handle it. It has been fun, and I know that I am very fortunate.

Donley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000