Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Passing of Great Musicians
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  6:09:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Aloha E TaroPatch Ohana,

I would ike to take this time to honor two of Hawaii's Great Entertainers...in memory of Wendell Warrington whom passed away on Saturday, June 26, 2004 and Rick Morales whom passed away last Saturday, July 10, 2004.

Wendell was well known for Directing the music for Maui's Ualena. His capacity in musical arrangements, compositions and artistry in many instruments from piano and stringed instruments in standard and slack key stylings. Wendell's latest works can be seen and heard at the Ualena Theatre and the award winning Ualena CD. Wendell comes from a great line of family entertainers here in Hawaii and throughout the world. I remember Wendell and his band KeKai back in 1976...mean kinds of tunes they performed at Makaha Inn...I was just a newbie wana-be guitar player. Although he is gone his spirit and his musics remains with us here on Earth.

Rick Morales was a dear childhood friend. Although he was not really in the limelight of entertainers, Ricardo was a true blue entertainer and musician, I know I grew up with Rick, he gave me a chance to prove myself by allowing the only Freshman at Waianae High School to be a part of the Makaha Singers & Dancers. He led the way in exposing me to an audience. Let me tell you, in Waianae, its a tough gig to entertain an audience. Ricardo is just one of those 'hidden talents' that only us people from Waianae knew about. His voice, his guitar stylings of standard and slack key would give you 'goose bumps'. You can hear his voice and music in a duet with his wife Angela on the award winning Na Leo Anthology II CD.

I just wanted to share with you all what great friends and entertainers that has inspired me in my life time.

Peace and be good,

Donald Kauli'a

donkaulia
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000