Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Wai Ulu transcription?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Memphis
Aloha

11 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2002 :  10:34:25 AM  Show Profile
Is there an instruction book with tablature of "Wai Ulu"?

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2002 :  3:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Not that I know of. There are a limited number of instruction books with tabs, and as far as I know, Wai Ulu isn't in any one of them.

...anyone else ever see it?

-Sarah

Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2002 :  6:20:00 PM  Show Profile

Aloha Sarah! Wassssssup Memphis!

Sarah! How you stay! Eh miss you guys! Sorry, but I haven't been spending too much time on the computer. Mostly my Daughter. Anyways, try going to HawaiiMusicians.com. Contact Kepa or Renny there. They may be able to help you guys out. Renny has recently included a Wai Ulu Mp3 there. He may be able to help you guys as far as getting tabs on the song. Love You Guys! A Hui Hou!

slackkey (Bill)

Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  1:51:17 PM  Show Profile
E Bill! Aloha mai!

Good to hear from you! Thanks for your suggestion for where to look.

We are doing fine -- 'cepting for this HEAT WAVE we've got going here -- feels like a hundred degrees and sticky, and no end in sight. Not zackly your "Maui weather"

I'm working on `Opihi Moemoe -- that's a fun piece! Andy helped me get started on the tricky rhythm.

You take care, e malama pono a hui hou!

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  05:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Sarah!

The time here on Maui Is 11:15 P.M.. Hey! Tomorrow I'll be getting together with Keith Marzullo! He arrived here on Maui during the begining of this month. He's here with Susie! I'll be meeting them down at Kaanapali Beach Hotel. This will be the first time to meet him in person. I only cyber-talked with him on TaroPatch.net.

Well be getting together on the lawn in the front to the right. Wow! Get to see the Sunset Kaanapali Beach, Lahaina style! 6:00 p.m. is the time we meet. What time will you and Reid be arriving? BTW! This past "Kiho'alu Festival at the M.A.A.C. was awesome! Got to see some new-commers to the Festival.

The Highlight however was the "Makaha Son's Of Ni'ihau! Then there was Ocean Kaowili, Kawika Kahiapo, Ledward Kaapana, Cyril Pahinui, my Braddah's and your's and Reid's as well, Kevin, Ikaika, and Sheldon Brown, Mike Kaawa, Ozzie Kotani, Donald Kaulia, Carlos Andrade, George Kahumoku and his "Slack Key Workshop Gang", Makana, Jeff Peterson (newcomer), and Kimo West.

Well! See you guys at Kaanapali Beach Hotel! (I wish!) Take care, God Bless, Good Health and Prosperity, Love , Peace and "Kiho'alu Happiness"! A Hui Hou...Malama Pono.......

Bill

Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  12:56:34 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Sarah!

The time now is 6:30 in the morning Paia, Maui Time. I thought about going spear-fishing, but decided to take a one Saturday break. Maybe tomorrow! Have to save my energy to make that long trip (Maui time) to the westside to meet with Keith. With my luck, he's porbably Pro!
Oh no! But I look forward to connecting with him 'jus press the same!

How's it 'goin with Opihi Moe Moe? Yikes! I can barely play it! I mean, I sorta can, but not well enough. Hey Maybe you can teach me!BTW! Is Reid there with you next to the computer? "Aloha Reid! Wassssssssup Brah?" Hey remember that thing with my Martin....couldn't go past the 15th fret? Everytime I'd try to my run it would go dead.

Well I figured how to fix-it....Take one one of those double-tipped tooth-picks, and just just place it under the last two strings then tune it back. It worked! Looks kind of weird tho...But hey! at least I can complete my pa'ani runs right?

Gotta run! Have a great day today, and a better one tomorrow! A Hui Hou! And no fo-get to "JUS PRESS"!!!!!!

Bill

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2002 :  9:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hey bill,

no, i'm no pro except that i've been approached to drive away rats by singing. seeya soon!

hey, my webpage has a photo of me: http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~marzullo in case that helps.

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2002 :  1:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Bill!

Wow, you one lucky guy, go to the festival, see all those outstanding musicians AND my braddah too (hey, he neva told me!), meet with Keith, kanikajammapila! Seriously, I just shake my head to read all those names. What a line-up. I miss everyone. Wish we'd had a chance to see Kevin guys again, too, in April.

You and Keith are gonna have a grrreat time -- and at a great location too! You'll tell us about the fun you guys have, won't you?

e ola mau ke ki ho'alu!
aloha a hui hou,
Sarah

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000