Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Puget Sound Kani Ka Pila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  11:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

Mark's recent slack key workshop here in Seattle reminded me how much I love making some noise with other people. I'll be hosting an informal gathering for just that purpose on Tuesday evening, Sept 7th, here in Sammamish, Washington.

All levels are welcome.

E-mail me for the address/driving directions and watch this thread for more information.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  10:21:36 AM  Show Profile
I will definitely try to make that, even though it's just as far from Olympia as the workshop was! I too very much enjoyed Mark's workshop, the first one like this that I've attended. Post the details when you've worked them out!

Mahalo,

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  6:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

I just sent out an email to everyone whose address I had (as well as a few that bounced). It wen someting like dis:

As mentioned on TaroPatch.net, I'll be hosting an informal slack key get together (kani ka pila) on Tuesday 9/7. Start time, oh, say 7:00.

Address: -Removed 'cause I don't post it on da web-, Sammamish, WA, 98074

If you plug that into your map engine of choice and it doesn't give you directions, then drop me an email and I'll get you here.

Things to bring: Guitar, Music Stand, Sheet Music, and Guitar Stand are all pretty good suggestions. Seating might get to be a challenge if we have a big turnout, so if you've got a stool or folding chair that you like, bring 'em.

What to expect: Should be a pretty low-key thing. We'll mostly be playing in taro patch (open G). Everyone is welcome to play anything they want, and encouraged to join in with others. Everyone is given permission to make mistakes.

Drop me a line if you didn't get included. (Rich - earthlink is apparently runnning one background check on me before it sends you the email)

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

Go to Top of Page

Rich_Smith
Lokahi

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  11:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Bruddah Chrispy, sorry about the block, but you are in. Anybody sending me an email for the first time expect to get bounced. I will be notified then will let you in. Don't mean to be kapu, but its self defense against spam. Mahalo

Rich Smith
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  2:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

Good fun everybody! Mahalo nui loa. Let's do another real soon, yeah?

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  11:08:06 PM  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Let's do another real soon, yeah?

Oh yeah, indeedy !!!

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2004 :  09:58:14 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Let's do another real soon, yeah?

Yes, I really wanted to be there even with the long drive but my absence was unavoidable. I don't get to play much with others since I left Hawaii.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Rich_Smith
Lokahi

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2004 :  3:59:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey gang, doing a post here to keep this thread alive. We will soon be arranging our November kani ka pila. Rich

Rich Smith
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  4:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
I'll volunteer to host November's get together. 11/6 is the first Saturday in the month. How does that work for everyone?

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

Go to Top of Page

Rich_Smith
Lokahi

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2004 :  7:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bruddah Chrispy. I'll host the December get together. Will provide more details after our November meeting. I think 11/6 is fine although my wahine might wish it be during a weeknight so as not to interfere with a weekend. Rich

Rich Smith
Go to Top of Page

neeej
`Olu`olu

USA
643 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  01:09:17 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bruddah Chrispy

I'll volunteer to host November's get together. 11/6 is the first Saturday in the month. How does that work for everyone?

That's the one weekend of the whole month I'll be outta town :-(

--Jean S
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2004 :  1:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

Just a reminder that we'll be making some noise in Sammamish, WA, on November 6th at 3pm. I don't like posting my address on the web, so if you're interested and don't know where I live drop me a line or reply here.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  2:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

Just a bump to the thread. Tomorrow's the day. Bring Guitars, stands, music, drinks, and plenny aloha.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

Go to Top of Page

Rich_Smith
Lokahi

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2004 :  4:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Bruddah Chrispy for hosting yesterday's gathering of haole slackers. The macadamia nut chicken strips were ono! I'll be hosting the next Puget Sound Kanikapila on December 4 at 3:00pm. For those that attended Mark's workshop, practice the Silent Night tab that he handed out. Email me if plan on attending and I'll send ya a map. Aloha Rich

Rich Smith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000