Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Tragedy for one of our Taropatch Ohana
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  10:25:39 AM  Show Profile
Bill (Lat21north) and I have a standing appointment, we get together every Wed after work and try to play some Ki ho `alu. He called me last night to say he could not make it this Wed. He was in a state of shock, he and his family had returned home Monday to find their house had burned to the ground, only one back room had remained standing, everything else was a total loss.
I was sick. I asked Bill if there was anything I could do. He said maybe I could loan him some of my slack key CD's, all of his were gone and he was going to need some good music to listen in the next few days.
Then he shocked me. He said "I'll see you next Wed for sure" His guitar was one of the few things that had survived. He said it was in the back room, the case was covered in ash but it seemed to be ok.

So please send out your prayers to Bill and his Family

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  10:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Wow, I'm speechless. The good news is that it sounds like Bill and his family are safe. Sorry to hear about his property loss. It must be a harrowing ordeal.

Jim, can you email me Bill's mailing address? I'd be happy to send a CD. And does he and his family need any monetary assistance?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  11:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
oh! this is the geysers fire?

i'm glad that bill's guitar is safe, but the best news is that he and his family is safe too...

take care, bill - keith
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  11:07:26 AM  Show Profile
Andy,
I'll send you his address. The CD is a nice gesture.
He's ok otherwise.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  11:30:58 AM  Show Profile
This is not related to the Geysers fire. Bill lives about 15 miles west of the Geysers.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Please send me his address as well -- I have some things I'd be happy to pass along.

Like old David Crosby used to say, "Everybody knows that music is love."

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  10:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Like Mark said....

I too have some CDs I can shoot his direction, including some
Keola discs that I bought for gifts and haven't used yet.

So send me his address and I will shoot them along.

...Lawrence

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000