Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 J. Paul Getty & Reri Tava Jobe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2004 :  3:21:39 PM  Show Profile
As I sit before my computer enjoying some 'net surfing, this popped up from an old forum post:

"And to add some slack key trivia to the mix, Reri Tava Jobe (who wrote Ray Kane's OOP lesson book) has a cameo as a stewardess in the movie! (Bonus trivia points if you can name the connection between Reri and J. Paul Getty.)
"

So I picked up the phone and called Aunty Rere at home, read her this line, and asked her to 'fess up.

Guess what? She's fascinated -- and has absolutely no idea what their "connection" could be. If someone could post a reply here, I promised to call her back with an answer...

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  01:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Aha...the connection is the August 1961 issue of Playboy magazine. J. Paul Getty penned an article, Aunty Reri appeared in a "Girls of Hawaii" photo spread. (I haven't seen the issue so I'm going by hearsay.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 11/01/2004 01:44:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  1:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh shoots...she was _really_ hoping it had something to do with her possibly inheriting some of his millions!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000