Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Uke players/singers needed for band -San Jose, CA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BruddahKimo
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  10:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit BruddahKimo's Homepage
Aloha,

We are looking for one or two uke players/singers to replace our uke player who has had to leave us. We have a group based in San Jose and playing the Bay Area. We started as a trio with acoustic resonator instruments 2 years ago and now have bass, guitar, lap steel, Uke, and soon to add percussion in an acoustic band. We play vintage native Hawaiian and hapa haole tunes from the 1920 and 1930s as well as Hot Jazz and Blues from that same period. We have a lot of fun with the music and are looking for other fun people to share gigging in the area. Contact me at jlcampbell @ mindspring.com if you are interested and have something to add to our music. Would love to find two ladies who harmonize great but we are open to talking with anyone who knows and likes the music. Samples are available on our old web site http://jlcampbell.home.mindspring.com.

Hope to hear from some of you.

Mahalo,

Kimo

Edited by - BruddahKimo on 11/28/2004 12:08:53 PM

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  5:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kimo, you have no idea how tempting your post was. But my job in San Jose (I live in Boulder Creek, an hours drive on a good day) does not end until February, and since I work on a contract basis I have to give the company 100% and more. No time left for any other thing for now. If you haven't filled your position by February, post again. Oh, and I love the music ...
Julie

Go to Top of Page

BruddahKimo
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  12:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit BruddahKimo's Homepage
ALoha Julie,

February is not that far off and We are constantly on the look for people who know and love this music so keep my email and check back with me please. You sound like you would be a great addition with a lot to add to the group. We usually practice at my home in San Jose on Tuesday eveninga at about 6:30 PM. Give me a call ( 408 297-0370 ) if you should have time and want to check out what we are doing. I have got one of the best lap steel players in the bay area. But a Hawaiian band without a uke is a sad case!! I can play but then we would lose my rhythm guitar :-( I also really want to get a female voice into the mix. Don't disappear on me!

Mahalo,

Jim

Edited by - BruddahKimo on 11/28/2004 12:11:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000