Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Surfers - Bing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  10:47:00 AM  Show Profile
I just clicked on Bing's bio from a comment he made in the Uke section, then followed to his website. Any of you older surfers will be impressed as you follow him down memory lane.
auntie -

nancy cook

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  11:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage
Aloha Nancy, Thanks for you nice message in my guest book. I also noticed in your profile that you are from Manhattan Beach, I was born and raised in Manhattan. I lived at 9th and Highland and learned to surf at the Manhattan pier in 1949. If you have a photo of your classic Bing I would love to have it for the website. I attended the first Aloha Camp in 2000. You're going to love it.
ps. My coment in the Uke section was ment to be a joke!

Bing
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  1:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
While you were surfing at the pier, I was body surfing a Castelamar - I grew up in Pacific Palisades, body surfing as soon as I could walk, but father telling stories of taking a big board out - he's almost 94, but still around and still a pilot - I'll have to ask him about that again. He's a very good story teller, if you know what I mean...
My first time out an a board was that little point just south of Sunset. I stood up w/ no problem so figured it just couldn't be that hard, and I was hooked. Almost didn't make it through college.....ooops, but had a lot of fun. Remember times of taking boards, quitars and sleeping bags and heading north. Slept on the beach somewhere up by Big Sur and got shot at by local land-owners as we crossed their property. Oh my gosh, I'd better stop there...
I am really looking forward to camp - I'll have my guitar and dive gear, but leave the board home. Wish you were coming too!
Aloha!

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  3:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
So Nancy, are Bing's boards buckshot-proof?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  3:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Dunno, never had to find out. We went in at night. This is really dating me, but so did everything else - that was the station wagon era - throw the boards, quitars, cooler, sleeping bags in the back, 3 of us crammed in front seat. I'll tell you more when we meet in person. Hope it's soon -

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  3:51:27 PM  Show Profile
PS: Bing - I'll get that picture for you. I assume you want jpeg image - any particular size? Also, first moved down to 209 35th st in 1967, then bought the house here on Marine in 1979 - been here ever since - locals know it by the plumeria trees on out on the corner.
Do you know John Dietz? Dietz bros music? Old surfer and new to ki ho'alu. And where the heck is that town you said you live in now??
auntie =

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  06:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage
Nancy just a jpg small enough to email. 72 ppi will do fine. Where do I live? In the winter I live in Cabo Pulmo, Baja (a great dive spot and 15 miles to good waves) and in the summer I'm in Hailey, Idaho.
Aloha from Baja

Bing
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2004 :  06:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Lots of very interesting people here playing beautiful kiho`alu, steel and `ukulele. Nice website Bing! I'm tempted to get one of those jackets!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000