Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Sharing Tabs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2005 :  09:11:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for showing me where to look - I hadn't actually seen the search engine - i needed to put on glasses for that!
I think the tab-sharing question would never have come up pre-open-forum on the web.
mahalo,
auntie -
by the way, I could't delete the topic......

nancy cook

Edited by - Auntie Nancy on 02/13/2005 11:34:25 AM

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2005 :  10:09:54 AM  Show Profile
http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1669&SearchTerms=sharing,TAB is a goog place to start

Your right John, this site has a really good "Search" function. When I put in "sharing TAB" I got about 40hits.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2005 :  2:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Auntie,

Once people reply to your original post, you cannot delete it. jwn correctly points out that it would "pull the rug out" from those who replied. No need to delete though. This is a topic that periodically resurfaces.

As it was pointed out to me, there is a difference between a friend sharing tab with a friend versus a website sharing tab. Legally, there is a lot of gray in between the black and white so the problem is that sharing via a web site may defined as "widely distributing" and when it comes to intellectual property, this is a problem. Therefore, in order to avoid potential legal issues that could shut this site down, the official policy has been not to use Taropatch.net as a way to distribute tabs. The exception is if it is your own song, arrangement, etc.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2005 :  7:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Andy -
Got it.... I read all 4 pages of previous discussion earmarked by BigDog. He seems to always be able to rescue me. So maybe you can make this all go away.....
So I posted the request for Rik - so that was presumably OK if any one person wants to respond and share with him.
I was looking at tab more as "helpful hints" rather than sheet music.
Mahalo!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  08:47:46 AM  Show Profile
Oops! My apologies to all, (especially you Auntie Nancy) I should have known better to request tab over the TP, I think I was so swept up in the song I wasn't thinking.
My request was honest however, I just wanted to know how to play the song, nothing more. I will be more thoughtful in the future.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000