Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 OPEN MIC L&L O'SIDE 05.11.05
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  1:55:06 PM  Show Profile
Attn: SDSKS DUDES.
Sarona not only has called us back yet again to L&L this upcoming Weds. 05.11.05. For our nahe-nahe stylings, But says we can have the 2nd Weds of every month to play. We also have the option to tweak it from time-to-time if that night has a scheduling conflict for any reason.
This is a good thing as we'll have a pretty good sound system available to us, (nice and loud!!) free food, (my favorite) and the adoring throngs of fans simply yelling, screaming, having a slack key mosh-pit, pretty young things throwing racey undergarments on stage, bic-lighting fans for Bill Benzel, and did I mention the free food thing? Yumm
I'm working on a similar arrangement for Kealani's in O'Side as well. Crowd turnouts there are pretty tiny there, but we have a good time just the same...not to mention more free food. (sorry, its a food thing for me.ha!)
So brudda Ken, now you have no excuse not to come, Keith you'll have to condition you "pipes" not only for E-Street but for L&L too, Terry bring your list, I'll try to play a song without buthering it, Craig bring Rachel, Michael now you play with us, the rest of you you know the drill...
- the hermit slkho
Got Ipu's?

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  3:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
eh, sounds good! what's sheila going to do when the pretty young things throw their undergarments at dusty?

i'll be ready to sing - we got to figure a way to get andy and sarah out to L&L though, so as to reduce the misdigestion caused when i miss da note.

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  09:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Well, if they're gonna light bics and throw patnties I'll be there. I also see Keith scheduled for E-Street on Sunday, May 6th, 11-AM to 1PM. I'll prob'ly be there too.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  09:53:46 AM  Show Profile
Sunday's May 8th....

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  03:49:40 AM  Show Profile
E Keith,

I don't think you need any help from us ...but I wish we could be there. It sure would be fun!! You guys'll just have to have fun *for* us.

What songs/pieces do you guys play at the L&L? And do you jam or solo, or both?

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  03:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by marzullo

i'll be ready to sing - we got to figure a way to get andy and sarah out to L&L though, so as to reduce the misdigestion caused when i miss da note.
Nah, but if we were there we could help eat some of the food - reduce the group's change of indigestion from eating too much? You guys have too much fun over there. Thanks for thinking of us.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  06:05:27 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all,
Last nights open mic @ L&L was very good. Bill, Dusty/Sheila, Terry (chunky monkey), brudda Ken, and my very own Pua-ho were in attendence. Bill, Terry, Dusty dazzled us as always with their playing. I plan to extract some of their musical DNA and use it for myself, you all play so great. (one day, one day...) Ken & I seemed to fat-finger everything but had fun. I got cold feet to play R-Hula.
Highlight of the evening was a little 6 yr.old keiki, David, played his little tiny guitar, and jammed to 'I've been working on the railroad' and the 'A-B-C' song. Everybody sang along with him. Good thing he stopped by as Keith was a no-show. I imagine he may have been abducted by aliens, and subjected to hideous experiments, (maybe even probed..yikes!) Either that or carried off by a large flying reptile.
Sadly, no young things threw up racey undies at Bill, but one girl showed me her tattoo on her lower back. (cheap thrills eh!!) The food was ono!! which as you know, is why I play for food. ha.
Anyways, thanks to all who attended.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  07:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
auwe! i was working on this $*&$^^&!! paper until 10 pm last night here at the university. i didn't even remember we had an L&L until i saw this thread.

this goldurn job is getting in the way of important stuff! (a common thought on this bboard?)

aloha and muchos apologies,
keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000