Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 maui slack key festival
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bones
Aloha

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  9:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Aloha everyone
I just want to report that I had the chance to go to the Maui slack key festival this year and it was a blast. The artists that preformed were George Kahumoku and about 25 of his student, The Brown Ohana, Ray Sowders, Brittany Paiva, Daniel Ho, Kawika Kahiapo and Walter Keale, Pali, Led Ka'apana, Brother Noland, Mike Ka'awa, Paul Togioka, Jeff peterson, Kimo West, Dennis and David Kamakahi, and John Cruz. Hope I got everyone. Of course they ended with one jam session ending the night with Hawai'i Aloha. Everyone did a great job the food was ono too. If you guys haven't heard that Brittany Paiva play your missing out. Her song thunder slack key is awesome and she is only 16 years old. Wow. Led was smoking it as usual. Ray Sowders was smooth as silk. Kahiapo and Keale was an awesome duo. All artist was available for autographs and pictures afterwards. Just an awesome time. Were any of you guys there? I'm from Oahu and usually just go the the one at Kapiolani Park, but took a chance this year and traveled to the country of Maui and was glad I did. Hope to see you at the festival on Oahu. Let me know if any of you guys will make it.

Aloha

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  09:51:30 AM  Show Profile
Of course we were there, bones!!

About half of the folks you saw who were wearing those hard to miss tangerine colored tee shirts (and who also played on stage) are taropatchers from George's Workshop. There were also a few taropatchers not in orange shirts who were there too (like islandboo).

You should have walked over and said hello!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 06/29/2005 09:52:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Bones,
I too was at the Maui slack key festival as part of Uncle George's workshop and plan to be at the festival on Ohau in August while attending Led Kaapana's workshop. Too much fun jlsulle'
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sowders
Akahai

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  11:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Sowders's Homepage
Mahalo for your comments "bones" hope we meet again sometime... Ray Sowders
quote:
Originally posted by bones

Aloha everyone
I just want to report that I had the chance to go to the Maui slack key festival this year and it was a blast. The artists that preformed were George Kahumoku and about 25 of his student, The Brown Ohana, Ray Sowders, Brittany Paiva, Daniel Ho, Kawika Kahiapo and Walter Keale, Pali, Led Ka'apana, Brother Noland, Mike Ka'awa, Paul Togioka, Jeff peterson, Kimo West, Dennis and David Kamakahi, and John Cruz. Hope I got everyone. Of course they ended with one jam session ending the night with Hawai'i Aloha. Everyone did a great job the food was ono too. If you guys haven't heard that Brittany Paiva play your missing out. Her song thunder slack key is awesome and she is only 16 years old. Wow. Led was smoking it as usual. Ray Sowders was smooth as silk. Kahiapo and Keale was an awesome duo. All artist was available for autographs and pictures afterwards. Just an awesome time. Were any of you guys there? I'm from Oahu and usually just go the the one at Kapiolani Park, but took a chance this year and traveled to the country of Maui and was glad I did. Hope to see you at the festival on Oahu. Let me know if any of you guys will make it.

Aloha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000