Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 End-Of-Summer-Back-Porch Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  7:06:17 PM  Show Profile

Aloha kakou!

Ok, it's time to put together Auntie Cathe's summer kanikapila.....
E komo mai to Mill Valley on Sunday, August 28th for fine music, fine food and fine friendship.

Please bring your instruments, your friends and something to share, we'll start about 1:00pm and go until whenevah. Those of you who want to stay over are welcome to camp out in the living room, tent in the back garden or stay at several cosy establishments nearby. SOCAL participants get first dibs......

If you haven't been here before, please email me directly for directions... looking forward to seeing y'all!!

cathe

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  06:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Where is this event located?, where's Mill Valley?
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  1:14:05 PM  Show Profile
Where's SOCAL?

Bill

E holo mua
Bill
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  6:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Yeah! - And Where's SOWHUT??

(Mill Valley is just north of Sausalito/Tiburon and they are just north of San Francisco.)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 07/29/2005 6:02:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  8:49:01 PM  Show Profile
But to seriously answer your question (sheesh, buncha wiseguys) Mill Valley si a charming town located at the foot or Mount Tamalpais, in Marin county. It's just over the Golden Gate Bridge, about five miles north of San Francisco.
Hope you can make it.....

cathe
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  09:14:36 AM  Show Profile
C-GLASS,
You know, I honestly didn't know. Auntie Nancy was kind enough, (after lots of laughter at my expense) to let me know where Mill Valley was. Yeah-Yeah, I know, I don't get out much. She told me about this thing someone invented called, ironically enough, a MAP!!
Anyways, good to know you didn't have to see my red face. Have a good kanikapila, one day we'll all meet. Had I lived closer, I would of attended.
-slkho...somewhere in California. (Hang-on, let me check my map).
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
...and I cannot ever think of Mill Valley without my iBrain starting to play that 1970 song by Miss Abrams and the Strawberry Point 4th Grade Class...
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  9:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Eek, I vividly remember "Mill Valley"! Wish I didn't, but it was so cute at the time....
Julie
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2005 :  08:00:00 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
I sure hope you folks have a wonderful time, how can you not? I tried, but I couldn't talk Rik into going up, even if I drive And look at the map...
Any time anyone from up there comes down here, we'll make a kani ka pila happen!!
nc
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  06:48:38 AM  Show Profile
NOTICE NOTA BENE NOTICE NOTA BENE

It has been suggested that I move the kanikapila date forward to Saturday, August 27, so those who want to play on into the night can, without running into the oh-it's-Sunday-night-and-i-gotta-work-tomorrow wall.

What do you think? Would Saturday suit you obetter than Sunday, please chime in and let me know. If this isn't a good idea, we'll stay with Sunday for sure.

would also be nice to know who's coming..........hint hint.
Mahalo.

cathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000