Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Bill Benzel's Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  06:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Wow, another wonderful Kanikapila at Bill & Victoria Benzel's place this weekend. Lot's of good food, and great music!!
In attendence too many people for me to remember; Dusty & Sheila, Auntie Nancy, Me & Puaho, Terry & Mary (the chunky monkeys), Brudda Ken, Bill's musically talented friends Kev & Jim? Also attendening many friends of the Benzel's.
As I mentioned there was a lot of great music. Bill's friend Kev is a professional musican who doesn't play slack, but plays many great songs in many styles. He played some great stuff in open G, and I was blown away at his technique. He was doing some very unique playing & harmonic executions that you just had to see to believe. Bill's other friend, Jim? played awesome classical flamenco style.
Terry lead off with some very smooth pieces, a lot with John Keawe influence. Especially nice was a piece he composed that I wished never ended, very-very nice. Dusty followed with his usual flawless slack key. (when I grow up, I want to be just like him...except for the hieght thing. ha) Later on Dusty & Sheila performed several duets with Sheila on the Uke. Monday, Dusty & Sheila will be in Kuai for about 2 weeks, those lucky people... we'll miss them at the next L&L.
Auntie Nancy's playing continues to improve, she is learning very quickly. The Aloha camp really improved her concentration...nice job Nancy. Auntie Nancey also brought some ginger cookies, and home made Haupia.
Brudda Ken didn't play but kept the ladies entertained with topical converation. Michael..where were you? I brought your Ipu-Heke.
Well, that's all for now. Plenty Mahalo to Bill & Vic for hosting another great get-together at their place...you guys are great.
pau,
-slkho

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  07:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Rik,
After being out of town for so long, my "honey-do" list is REALLY LONG. My best half had a strangle hold on me. Not even time to take the board in the 73 degree water - bummer. I'll just have to stop by your place one day. Hope to be around for a few weeks, at least.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000