Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Back-Porch Kanikapila Date Change
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  6:37:02 PM  Show Profile

Aloha kakou!

By popular demand,
the date for Auntie Cathe's End-of-Summer-Back-Porch Kanikapila has been changed from Sunday August 28th to Saturday August 27th. Yeah!

We'll be starting at the same time, around 1:00pm and going to whenevah. And now, no time limits........

Look forward to seeing you all, slack key players, 'ukulele players, dancers, singers, e komo mai. Please bring a chair and something to share, and copies of music you'd like the group to play with you.

Please email me for directions if you haven't been here before.

Ou hui hou Auntie Cathe

cathe

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  6:15:37 PM  Show Profile

Aloha kakou:

Mahalo to all of you who came and enlivened the back porch kani ka pila yesterday. You know who you are!! Wonderful fun, and some awesome playing, too. And for the great conversations and food and we have terrific weather, and it was all great <yawn> until 2:00am.
Same time nex' year?

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  7:25:52 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Cathe,

Gosh, I'm sorry I missed your fun kanikapila, but I was busy revisiting my high school past in the form of our 40th reunion. I had a blast and was the life of the party, and very few people recognized me as I was a total wallflower in school. HAH! I showed them! But next year I hope I won't have any conflicts with your date. Um, did you jump in the pool with all your clothes on at your party?

Missed everyone, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  7:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Cathe, thanks for hosting, for bringing friends together, and for sharing your gorgeous new guitar. 2 AM, eh?? I'm impressed!

My effort to bring slack key to a new audience seems to have had some success. I played three numbers at the Pacific Coffee Company in Walnut Creek, and they seemed to go over well. Doing kanikapila in the afternoon was a wonderful warmup.

Julie, I take it you _did_ jump in the pool with all your clothes on, eh?

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  05:45:44 AM  Show Profile

Ahhhh. Ummmm. Fran, Julie's referring to the hot afternoon I jumped in the pool fully clothed at the Maui Camp. <blush> Of course, about eight other folks joined me ( I could name names!~)

glad your gig went well, ou hui hou Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  06:46:09 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo Cathy for for bringing us all together once again.
And thank you everyone that came with so much to share both musically and personally. Kanikapilas always turn out to be so much more than the sum of their parts; they are very special and this one was no exception.
A hui ho,
Allan (b3d)

b3d
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  6:21:28 PM  Show Profile
Yes, that was the day we did the "Hula Poola". I have photos!
Somewhere...

Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000