Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Dominator Ukulele Tabs has MOVED!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2005 :  6:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Big props go out to Zathras who has spent much of his day moving all the Dominator Ukulele Tab pages and files over to the Ukeland server. I have been having more than my share of issues with my ISP over the past few months and last night they deleted my index page from the tab site. When I was having storage problems a short time ago Fatveg stepped up and offered space and I have been using that for the past few months as well. Thanks go out to him as well.

I went through and checked all the links and there are just a few that are not working. I hope to get those sorted out quickly. Please updated all your bookmarks as soon as you can. The ukulele_tab.html file will show a link to the new index page.
Thanks again and to all of us………..uke on.
Dominator

www.dominator.ukeland.com
www.myspace.com/dominatoruke
Practice makes Practice Perfect!

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  03:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Mahalo, for sharing your efforts. You really save me a lot of time! Thanks, again!
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  07:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
No problem POPS. Glad you are making use of the site and saving time in learning material is why I like tab so much. Many of the diehard traditionalists think that tab is, well, taboo. Back in the 70s I wore out my vinyl records by moving the needle back and forth and would spend literally weeks, maybe months, trying to figure out an Eddie Van Halen solo or an Outlaws tune.

Then I got my first tab magazine in 1984 and for several years have subscribed to all of the main magazines such as Guitar For the Practicing Musician, which became Guitar which became Guitar One, Guitar School etc. until I ran out of storage space. I had to stop (LOL). The great thing about it was that after working the day job for 8 to 10 hrs I could go home and work with the tab for a few days and have all the parts worked out and then spend all the rest of those weeks and months practicing to get it down. It cut my “trying to figure it out” time way down.

That doesn’t mean I consider tab as gospel either. Even though the guys doing the tabs are very good players and transcribers, they do make mistakes (as do I) and the transcriptions are their own interpretations. So I would use what I could and work out the rest and life was good. I couldn’t find that kind of tab for ukulele when I started playing so I decided to give it a try. At the time, I had know idea that so many people would benefit from it. But based on the emails I get many folks have come to depend on it.
Now if I could only quit the day job. Hmmm.
Dominator

Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  7:16:51 PM  Show Profile

Aloha Dom:

So how about it, eh? When we gonna see some baritone tabs on your delicious site? How about one of you abstract reasoning sorta guys publishing a transposition chart so we could move it over ourselves?
Or am I the only bari player? No, I know I'm not.......uh.....

cathe
Go to Top of Page

grommet
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2005 :  9:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Dominator, thanks so much for the tabs..! After almost a month, I recently have gotten thru your "while my guitar gently weeps" tab, I tackled it in 3 "sections".. and while I can put away the printed out tabs, I'm still getting closer to getting the timing spot on. I just have to speed up a little bit on that intense triplet stumming middle/ending section..but getting there. Next, up on the plate for me will be "Blueroses"... I figure if I can play "while my guitar.." as on the tab, then Blueroses should be a welcome change of pace. I dont have a low-G yet for some of the other tabs, but in-due-time I guess...

I just wanted to say mahalos for the hard work and to share your talent with us! I fully intend to learn as many of your tabs as possible..and also learn alot along the way!

Your signature has reached the limit of awesomeness...
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  07:02:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey Dominator,
Saw you at the SoCal Ukeuele Festival but didn't get a chance to say hi. You were jamming during the Brittni Paiva workshop and busy.

Have you ever tackled "Kawika" as played by (I think Pater Moon) of Sunday Manoa? That would be a real barn burner.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Grommet,
You are quite welcome. If you are playing Weeps as presented in the transcription then you are doing better than I. At this point I just play it and its a little different each time.

Blue Roses is a nice change of pace. Touch is also a very pretty change of pace. You might give it a try after Blue Roses. I will be updating Touch soon as there are a couple of chord voicings that I had wrong in the current version.

Mika ele,
I wish you would have come over and said something. It's great to meet all the people using the site. Elliot and I were mis-behaving in Brittni's workshop jamming in the wrong key but having fun none the less.

I think there are different versions of Kawika out there. I just checked and I don't currently have an mp3. If you have it and can send me the mp3 I will take a listen and see if it is doable. Then, I would have to find the time to work on it of course.
Dominator

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  6:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hi Dom, can I suggest adding an extra column to the tab listing to indicate difficulty level?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  09:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Hi Craig,
Your request is certainly a reasonable one. However, how do I correctly determine the difficulty level? Are there some guidelines for this? Should it be limited to just Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced? I think that is what is typcially used right? Something considered an intermediate arrangement to one person may be considered an advanced arrangement to another. Your input is appreciated.
Mahalo in advance,
D

Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  6:33:04 PM  Show Profile
Dominator!

ALOOOHA!
Thank you very much for figure out the sounds and the melodies. Those tabs really helps me a lot!
To play ukulele is bringing me so much joy and fun! But I am a biginner though...

Keep up good work! MAHALO!!

Cheers and Ukulele!
ORANGE

PS
My favorite best 5 songs from CD "DRAGON" are....
Me and Shirley T.
Touch
Dragon
Shake it up!
En Aranjues Con Tu Amor

Edited by - ORANGE on 10/06/2005 11:33:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  11:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Dominator

Your request is certainly a reasonable one. However, how do I correctly determine the difficulty level? Are there some guidelines for this? Should it be limited to just Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced? I think that is what is typcially used right? Something considered an intermediate arrangement to one person may be considered an advanced arrangement to another. Your input is appreciated.

Good question. Yes, I think Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced would be enough because to attempt to delineate further becomes difficult. With respect to how to determine the determine the difference between levels, I think that becomes subjective on your part but I would always lean towards the conservative side (better to have someone find it easier to learn than they expected rather than harder) and when in doubt you can always give it an Intermediate/Advanced rating! (Or 2 1/2 ukuleles out of 3 )

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 10/06/2005 11:35:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

grommet
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  12:38:31 AM  Show Profile
Dominator... your playing is VERY clean and matured, and that is inspiring me to perfect my average playing. I should state that I too, play it a little differently and striving to be more accurate each time. Not 100% accurate from your tabs..but maybe 90-95% from start to finish taking a few "liberties" along the way. With "Weeps.." its really a mood thing, from the subtle beginning, to the buildup with each passage..to the cresendo, to climax..then the afterglow, finally reflection and fade out. wonderful!! Just started listening to your MP3 of "Blueroses" over and over... I gotta get that "mood" thing going again..LOL! I've not even had a peek at the tabs yet. very soon!

I have 2 versions of Kawika on MP3.. the Ka'au Crater Boys, and the Sunday Manoa versions, they are very similar except the Ka'au version is quite faster.. actually on-fire to be more accurate. Let me know if you still need them, I can email them to you no prob. mahalos!

Your signature has reached the limit of awesomeness...
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  04:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Gromment,
Thanks for the kind words. I need to re-record Blue Roses as the timing and accents are not correct for the beginning. I didn't realize it until working with the song for a while. I recorded that mp3 right after I first started working it out.

Looks like Hapakid sent me the KCB version. Thanks Jesse. If you have the Sunday Manoa version please send it. I want to compare them. A quick listen to the KCB and it seemed they were not at 440 pitch but my uke could have been out of tune. I will check again later when I have time.
Thanks,
Dominator

Go to Top of Page

monkeyinahurrey1
Aloha

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  1:50:05 PM  Show Profile
i've been looking for the tabs for my guitar gently weeps but they are no longer available on the site, if u have the tabs email them to me @ barf_in_bucket @ hotmail.com please and thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000