Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Fabulous Koaloha!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fez
Aloha

New Zealand
19 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  3:46:57 PM  Show Profile
Tena tatou katoa ukers
I just wanted to tell everyone about my fabulous Koaloha concert uke.
I've had it for about two months and this week something really strange has happened.
Summer weather has just hit NZ with long lazy summer days. The experts among you may well say this has something to do with it.
Just this week it suddenly started to sing louder and clearer than any other uke I have ever heard.
I have been playing it for one to two hours every day so could this be what is known as 'opening up'?
Anyway I think these ukes are fabulous as are the people that make them.
It's a wonderful family business with mum, dad kids and grandkids involved and they are so helpful.
I have a Bushman Jenny and this Koaloha absolutely knocks it out of the water as does the firm's responsiveness to my silly questions and requests.
Long live genuine Hawaiian ukes!!

Arohanui
Fez

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  8:35:52 PM  Show Profile
I also believe the consistently positive buzz about Koaloha ukes...

I also like Dennis Lake's work, but because of my need to "Buy it and have it NOW", I missed out on my first opportunity to get in line, besides there's this other guitar...

Anyway, I opted for a decent G String tenor...but am in line for a Koaloha D-VI...which will probably take on a personality and use somewhere between the guitar and uke...call it what you will. And the Hula Beat goes on.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 11/13/2005 10:47:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

RobO
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2005 :  08:06:48 AM  Show Profile
Fez...the same thing happened with my KoAloha. After a short while, it opened up just as you described it. It sings like a bird now. Like many others, I'm in line for a D-VI too.....can't wait to get it.

a hui hou... Rob
"Lawe i ka ma'alea a ku'ono'ono"
Translation: Acquire skill and make it deep
Go to Top of Page

Sil da Trill
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  06:12:39 AM  Show Profile
I've got two concert uke's that are my main players, one is a kamaka w/low G and the other is a koaloha std/tuning. I remember the one thing was the koaloha sounded great right off the shelf, comparable to the kamaka (got it used, already broken in, white label). The koaloha started out a little "bright" but is now mellowed out, more like the used kamaka. Took a little getting used to the neck differences...if I don't pay attention, sometimes I finger chords below the nut on the koaloha.

Anyone notice the obnoxious odor of what ever laquer they use on the koaloha? Happily, this is wearing off too.
Go to Top of Page

Dogface
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  2:08:40 PM  Show Profile
Soon Koaloha will introduce a extended (Tenor Scale) neck concert called the Pineapple Sunday. It'll be the Holy Grail of the uke world. I've played the prototype and it's the loudest, most brilliant uke I've ever heard, bar none!
Go to Top of Page

ORANGE
Akahai

Japan
64 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  12:19:40 AM  Show Profile
ALOHA everyone
Pineapple Sunday!
It looks so cute, and you can buy it now!
http://ukulelepuapua.com/koaloha.html
MAHALO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000