Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Southwest Airlines in Denver
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  8:48:37 PM  Show Profile
While I don't believe they serve Hawaii, the coming of SW airlines to Denver next month could make more connections to Aloha and other West Coast fliers possible for economical paths to Hawaii...
at least I can indulge in some wishful thinking!
We needed this option to United and Frontier.

akahele
Aloha

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  8:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Southwest will initially operate 13 departures per day from Denver. Five to Las Vegas, four to Chicago Midway and four to Phoenix. Of these destinations, I think ATA and Hawaiian have some direct flights from PHX to HNL and PHX to OGG (Maui.) From LAS to HNL again ATA and Hawaiian have direct flights. Aloha has a flight but it goes through SNA (Santa Ana, CA) without a plane change. If your destination is one of the neighbor islands then the Southwest service probably won't be of much use. Most of the direct flights that go to other islands depart either SFO or LAX. Finally to add insult to the injury - the only airline that Southwest is code sharing with is ATA so unless you're going that route, plan on a long connection since you'll have to claim your bag, hoof it to the connecting airline yourself and get checked in again. Sorry to rain on your parade... On a brighter note, if you're interested in going to Kona, look into Delta - they are starting a service next month from SLC to KOA, leaves late in the evening (both ways) so connections should be pretty easy. Don't know how much Delta charges for the DEN to SLC leg tho...

Clif
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  5:03:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks,
I figured it was a long shot.
But I'm close to enough Delta miles for a Hawaii trip, if they stay in business.
Even after chapter 11, most honor their airmiles.
Last year I flew on their partner Continental...they looked more solid...but the drawback...?
Denver to HOUSTON (yuk),,,
and then a REALLY long flight to Honolulu...a layover and finally, Maui.
This year I'll find a better way!

SLC is not bad.
It's in the right direction for Colorado to Hawaii!
Also have United miles....but for all of us procrastinators...it's time to book em Dano, or else...No way Jose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000