Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Jake Shimabukuro
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  5:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha everyone,

Just wanted to share this with everyone.
I had a meeting today at Kahala Mall on O'ahu and I went to Starbucks to get some coffee. When I was done ordering my drink, I turned around and saw Jake looking and waving at me. We sat down and talked quite a bit about his career. We haven't talked or seen each other for almost 2 years. I have to say that he is the same vibrant person that I met when he was a Junior in high school.
Many things have happened since then to Jake and myself, but I am so proud of him and so happy for the 'ukulele.

I know that many of you taropatcher's have heard about Jake being on Conan on Dec 13th. It's a big step for not only Jake, but the 'ukulele. So everyone, tell your family and friends to watch Conan on Dec 13th and support my friend Jake. He is a great musician, 'ukulele player, and person.

Congratulations Jake! Hopefully one day yourself, Bryan T., and I will be able to sit down for lunch!

Aloha,
Herb, Jr.

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  04:23:39 AM  Show Profile
Herb,

What a nice post! This is what aloha is all about. Jake, "break-a-leg" and everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

--Mark
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Herb, Jake, Bryan --- take that lunch on tour to Seattle, OK? Bring Brittni, Daniel & David, too. I'm buying! =Gregg=
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  2:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha mai Kakou,
Yeah, Herb Jr., called me yesterday when he was with Jake at Kahala Mall! Unfortunately I couldn't hook up with them, we're always just missing each other. But Jake did call me this morning to tell me he's in town for a week or so to do some promoting of his CD "Dragon" in Hawai'i. Then he's off, then back, then off to do the Conan gig, then back, then off to Japan at the end of the year. GO, JAKE, GO, rack up those frequent flyer miles!
Hey Gregg, I think we'd all love to come to Seattle!
A hui hou,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  7:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Herb,
It was great to see you again at the UGH Exhibition and a double treat for me to finally meet Brian in person and the icing on the cake was to see the two of you jamming on stage together.

I was going to take a crack at Tropical Delight at open mic on Sunday but lucky for me there was no open mic. It got axed for some reason.

The Saturday night concert was great. Bryan and company started things off with a bang and then John King, Benny and Byron and James Hill all played beautifully as well.
Can't wait till next year.
Dominator

www.dominator.ukeland.com
www.myspace.com/dominatoruke
Practice makes Practice Perfect!
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  7:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Hey Gregg...now that's what I call a "power lunch" (or Fantasy Island?).

M
Go to Top of Page

HerbJr
Aloha

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  8:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit HerbJr's Homepage
Aloha everyone,

Bryan, Jake and I have been planning to have lunch together for the past 5 years. When Bryan is free, I'm busy. When I'm free, Bryan's busy. When both of us are free, Jake's busy! Give that boy some credit, he is so driven! I would like to see him on that VH1 show, "Driven"...or is that MTV? Anyways, would love to have lunch in Seattle!!!!!!! DOMINATOR------great seeing you too!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Aloha,

Herb Ohta, Jr.
www.herbohtajr.com
www.hojfc.com
www.herbohtajr.net
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  07:56:15 AM  Show Profile
Speaking of Seattle....., Herb, are you guys coming back soon for another weekend workshop? Lunch can happen then.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  2:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all!
Hey, Herb, Keoki and Daniel are giving an ukulele workshop at (John) Dietz Bros in Manhattan Beach, then show in Torrance after that on Sunday January 8th. Maybe tickets are cheap after all the holiday travel.... if you come down, maybe we'll find good lunch. I am planning to make Okinawan dango - anyone from Hawai'i remember your moms making it?
Now how are we going to get Bryan and Jake here then.....??
Hope everyone's thanksgiving is a fine sharing with friends and family - I am very thankful for mine.
n
Go to Top of Page

lwj001
Aloha

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  9:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit lwj001's Homepage
Pardon the barge-in. Just wanted to share these lyrics about Jake and his uke:
http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?pid=song&song=ps/hey_mr_ukulele.txt

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?pid=song&song=ps/jake_shimabukuro.txt
Go to Top of Page

sob
Akahai

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  10:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit sob's Homepage
Aloha All,
Herb Jr., and I have some projects in the works. But as you can see, we have a hard enough time having lunch... and we live on the same island :) But we will keep you posted on our events for next year!
A hui hou,
Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000