Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 grammy nominee pictures
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  06:56:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
http://starbulletin.com/2006/01/09/features/berger.html

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  07:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Cool. Later this week, I'm hoping to post a Q&A with the Grammy nominees.

I have received replies from:
  • Slack Key Guitar: The Artistry Of Sonny Lim - Sonny Lim [Palm Records]
  • Masters Of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar - Vol. 1 - Various Artists; Daniel Ho, Paul Konwiser & Wayne Wong, producers [Daniel Ho Creations]
I'm waiting for replies from:
  • Slack Key Dreams Of The Ponomoe - Kapono Beamer [Kapono Beamer Enterprises, Ltd]
  • Sweet & Lovely - Raiatea Helm [Raiatea Helm Records]
  • Kiho'alu - Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar - Ledward Ka'apana [Rhythm & Roots Records]
Seeking your help: Any of you 'patchers out there with connections that can help me get replies from the latter three, it'd be much appreciated. I was hoping to get a reply from each nominee to help highlight their albums; but otherwise, I will just post what I have.

FYI, here are the questions:
quote:
  1. Artist/Label:
  2. Please tell us about your album? What do you want people to know about it?
  3. Can you tell Taropatch.net about your personal practice routine, how you learned, tips, how to play better, etc?
  4. Your music gear (guitar, `ukulele, strings, amps... if applicable maybe mention bandmates and their gear)

5. What does the Grammy nomination and potential Grammy win mean to you?

6. With "Slack Key Guitar, Vol. 2" winning last year and 4 out of 5 of the nominees being slack key albums this year, what are your feelings about the Hawaiian Grammy category and the idea that there should be a separate "Hawaiian language" category?

7. An unknown factoid about you or the album.

8. Can you direct us to your website and does it have sound clips of your album?

9. Anything we didn't ask but you'd like to answer?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  08:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mahalo! Looks like Raiatea will be replying soon. That leaves 2 to go.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000