Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Guitars! Whatcha' Playin'?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  11:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Bill, send it to me (craig @ patchett.com) and I'll post it on my Web server.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 10/16/2002 2:42:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2002 :  5:07:48 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Danno!

It seems like everyone is really content with there instruments,(guitar) Maika'i. Im glad Dan,that you found your dream guitar!(Ibanez)

You have a great topic Dan, If you don't mind could i ask a question?

How many of us have a guitar that we call,DOWN the BEACH guitars. or even GARAGE guitar! Here in Hawaii when we normally jam, we use what we call our "down the beach" guitar.

It's something we use out side of a normal gig.It may consist of,(the guitar)some cracks around the edge,Scuff marks on the surface,Keys a little hard to turn, Your favorite sticker pasted on the surface of the guitar,But other then that,the instrument SOUNDS GREAT!

Sometimes those "beach guitars" or "garage guitars" they really get the job done! If your only jamming with friends.

Private gigs,or even concerts,ha,ha,I wouldn't advise it.Danno my beach guitar is an Ibanez also. Although im a sole believer of Ovation
i really like playing the Ibanez,it has a warm tone!

So i was just wondering if everyone had a guitar they like to jam with,And also have a guitar they'd like to pull out at performances.

Mahalo, Dan!
"Bruddah" Kevin.

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2002 :  11:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
My jam around guitar is the one I call my "airport guitar" which probably tells you that I don't get to the beach enough, right? It's like you said, Kevin, with the cracks around the edges and scratches here and there, but a sweet sound for ki ho`alu when I pluck it just right. It's a little Larrivee Parlor, and it probably looks funny on a big round guy like me, but every time I play it in the airport somebody comes up and tells me that I helped them through the stress of waiting for a flight. I think the sweetness of slack key makes all guitars sound better.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page