Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Any one in the Santa Barbara, CA area?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

misterpk
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  09:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Send misterpk an AOL message
My name is Nick. I grew up in Hawaii, and moved to the mainland when I was 16. Sadly, I didn't develop a love for Hawaiian music until after I left the islands.

I've been playing guitar for the last 3 years now, and been dabbling in the uke for a while as well. My dad is a great uke player, but he lives in San Diego, and I only get to see him once every few months.

I was wondering if anyone lived in the Santa Barbara or Ventura area? I'm familiar with a lot of Hawaiian music, but I don't know how to play much. I picked up a copy of Ha Mele Aloha when I was last in the islands and have been playing some of those. But it would be nice to get together with some people and play, and hopefully pick up some new tricks as well!

Edited by - misterpk on 01/30/2006 06:33:15 AM

Lowell
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  1:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lowell's Homepage
Aloha Nick:

My name is Lowell Edgar. I live in Ventura, CA. My wife is a Kumu Hula with a 501(C)(3)Halau in the city. To help her, I teach what little I know about ukulele and guitar with her students and other folks in the community. The music school is currently on break for another week or so and then we'll be opening up again. I charge $1.00 per a One hour group lesson. I provide the materials, you provide the instruments. We have young keiki to folks all the way up. We also have a free jam session once a week as well. Due to my Fire Department schedule the days vary betwen a Wednesday night or a Thursday night. I will be getting more information on our webpage this weekend about the classes: www.puanani.org

I would like to invite you to come out and see what we do, and if you like, you are more than welcome join. If you find that we aren't your cup of tea, I have several excellent referrals for other types of groups in our area. Feel free to call me anytime. (805) 658-7458.

Take care.....Lowell
Go to Top of Page

misterpk
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  08:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Send misterpk an AOL message
Aloha Lowell!

I checked out the web page! It seems pretty cool! I'll be giving you a call some time this week to see when the next time you guys meet is. I would love to check the group out!
Go to Top of Page

Lowell
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  4:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lowell's Homepage
Aloha Nick:

Just to let you know. First classes of the year will start this Thursday night. Give me a call asap if you want to come out. I'll get ya directions. Take care, Lowell
Go to Top of Page

misterpk
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  1:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Send misterpk an AOL message
Lowell,

I spoke with your wife I think about tonight. I'll see you there!
Go to Top of Page

misterpk
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  06:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Send misterpk an AOL message
Thanks to Lowell and Silvia for a great time! I didn't realize my strumming was so bad on ukulele. I'll be working on it so we can jam next week!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000