Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Next "Kani @ Nani's" Donut Shop in Hayward - 2/23
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  8:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Bruddah Sil, mahalo for another awesome kanikapila. How do you get so many talented musicians together? It’s a thrill for me to sit in with you all and try to keep up. I’m learning a lot and having a great time doing so. I really enjoyed meeting Uncle Charlie and hearing his sweet, old-style steel guitar playing—what a wonderful dimension to the kanikapila. I also loved the spot hula. Such wonderful music and dancing.

It was great seeing Rod, Kiwini, and Joe from our San Jose open mics joining the kani. Eh, Kiwini I knew you could sing—you’ve been holding out at the open mics! Art S., thanks for the summary of participants--look at all those seasoned pros.

Mahalo to Art and Nani for being such gracious hosts. I’m looking forward to the next jam!

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Kiwini
Lokahi

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  11:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Eh Doug, howzit? Dat was RodV singing. I was working on my lip synching technique. I must be getting pretty good to fool you, huh?

Mahalo, but if you noticed I was playing my ukulele, which is easier for me to sing along with. When it comes to singing and trying to play "slack key" I seem to have two left hands. But I'm working on it, maybe I can take some lessons from you next Wednesday!

See you then,
Kiwini
Steve

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000