Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Orange County Kanikapila Slack Key?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pik0
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  10:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit pik0's Homepage  Send pik0 an AOL message
Aloha mai kakou,

I just attended Patrick Landeza's most excellent Institute of Hawaiian Music and Culture and have been bitten by the Slack Key bug. Now, I'm looking for fellow slackers in the OC who get together to play.

Anybody?

Mahalo,
Piko

http://www.HawaiianConcertGuide.com

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  12:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
The So Calif Slack Key Society has open mike get togethers monthly at L/L BBO in Oceanside. Individuals in the group meet often and I'm sure you would be most welcome.

In all the years the group has been together I don't believe we ever came accross someone in Orange County.

Look at the Post titled Open Mic 1-11-06 O'Side L&L SCSKS and on te second page are pictures of the group at the last meeting.

Look up Taro Patch member Chunky Monkey and send Terry an E-Mail for details .

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  3:46:42 PM  Show Profile
Pik0,
Auntie Nancy (Pua Kai) may know some others. She lives somewhere ner Manhattan Beach.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  5:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Piko!!
Where in the OC do you live? I live right in Manhattan Beach actually, and drive to Oceanside or further to meet up with SCSKS - and I would truly love to get a group going a bit closer. Also, I am pretty darned new to slack key and a very slow learner due to advanced age... and lack of practice.... OOpsss......
Doug at Island Legends in Gardena had one kani ka pila at his store in Gardena and I think would like to get some folks together - my home is always open.
Let me know what you're thinking and maybe we can make something happen.
jus' pres'!!
n
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000