Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 My Guitar Weeps
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fez
Aloha

New Zealand
19 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  3:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Last time I looked Jakes video was on the Midnight ukulele disco site, plus a good lesson on fast strumming!
Enjoy!

Arohanui
Fez
Go to Top of Page

Boost
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  7:40:59 PM  Show Profile
yep, you dont NEED a tenor to play this one..I play it on a concert.. but a tenor is a bit nicer when doing that 15th fret strumming frenzy section, only that 0838 chord toward the ending is quite a span on a tenor. I'm right at the limit of my stretching on that chord on a tenor. I even play it on my tenor 6-string once in a while, and suprising it sounds good, the double A string kinda sounds interesting, but good for the wicked strumming part. but yeah, 4-string is where its at on this one. you'll like it, its an awesome piece...and good one to drop jaws.

edit: error in chord .. NOT 0262 should be: 0838

Edited by - Boost on 03/04/2006 02:26:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  03:46:18 AM  Show Profile
What do you think of the Bushman Tenor (cutaway too)? Looking for a good compromise on sound and cost. Love the KoAloha, the Kamak is sweet, and the LaniKai is ok, but overall, I seem attracted to the Bushman, mainly because of materials and cost.

BTW, I found a deal where if you buy the Tenor, you get an Echo for $1 more!

Mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000