Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 New recording
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  8:13:44 PM  Show Profile
I have created an “a-v”meditation, based upon George Rouault’s “Miserere e Guerre,” with original music, that I would be happy to share with Taro Patchers.

About the art: The Miserere is one of the most important graphic suites in modern print history. Rouault’s technique was groundbreaking. He considered this suite to be one of his most important works, both for technique and subject. The style is expressionistic, and contains a significant amount of religious imagery, at times used satirically. This meditation used about half of the 58 plates from the original series. (You can just listen to the music if the imagery isn't in your taste.)

About the music: 5 short original pieces composed while meditating upon 5 of my favorite images from Rouault’s work. Definitely not traditional slack key. Some will not even think it is slack key at all. I was simply trying to follow my own creative path. Those with whom I have shared this music were very interested in it. It is a "home" recording, but there comes a time when I just want to get the stuff out thee and stop fussing with getting closer to perfection. Total running time is between 8 and 9 minutes.

If you are interested in a copy of this piece, send me your snail mail by using the member link. I will ask you to send me four or five dollars to cover my costs. If money is a hardship, I will accept whatever you can afford.

Edited by - RJS on 03/30/2006 08:01:22 AM

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  2:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Raymond
I got your DVD and it was inspiring. You came up with some very good compositions and the art was a real treat. I enjoyed it! Congratulations.
Bob

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000