Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Kala Uke's?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikerab
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  05:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone familiar with this brand? They seem to have reasonable prices for Koa ukulele's. Please let me know if you have any knowledge of them. Thank you.
Mike

musicguymic
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2006 :  7:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Mike.. Kalas are the brainchild of Mike Upton who started the whole laminate ukulele explosion. Mike formally headed Lanikai ukuleles for Horner. it was his vision that spearheaded Horner to start the Lanikai Line. It is named after a subdivision in kailua where Mike lived. Mike left Horner to further his concepts of the ukulele and started Lahaina which changed its name to Kala but thats a whole story in itself. Mike strives to bring quality imported ukuleles made to Hawaiian specifications to the ukulele community. Their are coming out with new products such as a jazz archtop acoustic/e;ectric ukulele and a solid line of ukuleles among other ukuleles accessories such as strings and cases
Go to Top of Page

veinte_balboas
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  4:29:06 PM  Show Profile
Bought a Kala koa concert by accident on eBay. Restrung mine with Worth brown low G. Sounded good as it was; now sounds even better. Was a good accident. Aloha.

Maluhia ma o koekoe 'a'ole pu. (Transliteration: Peace through strums not guns.)
Go to Top of Page

MR Bulk
Aloha

13 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  11:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit MR Bulk's Homepage
I recently bought a baritone Kala for Hawaii Music Supply in Kaneohe, seems a solidly made instrument and intonation on my particular unit is quite good, especially for such a lower-priced ukulele.

I don't know anything about their other sizes though.

Regards and Aloha,

(¯`·._.·MR Bulk·._.·´¯)

"Little things affect little minds" - Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Vintage FL
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  2:13:09 PM  Show Profile
I played one of the little pineapple Kala ukes and thought it was really well made. It needed different strings but it was really cute and fun. The geared tuners were a nice feature too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000