Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 What does Keola Beamer play?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  05:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Mika Ele - when you find that guitar w/ sound you like, I dibs on your Taylor koa.....
CU soon -
n
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  1:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Heja John....HOWZIT !!!
Yeah, the lovely Julie has 'promoted' me. That's good however. Being someone who loves to hear himself talk, spouting advice should suit me just fine.
I prescribe warm sand, a couple of palm trees, some big Hawaiian guy playing a little guitar, and some frosty lagers.

Julie, does he actually have a shop or store front there? I never realized that. I'll make the trip. I'll go through Scotts Valley however. The shortest way from my house is down Zayante through Lompico. I don't play banjo and I only have 5 fingers on each hand, so there's no good reason to go through Lompico.
Just sayin' that's all.
You going to Uke night this week at Boccis?

Cheers,
Mike 'I'm not a guitar player but I play one at work when I'm not supposed to' Piffle

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

parlorplayer
Aloha

16 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  04:51:46 AM  Show Profile
There's a Kenny Hill Fingerstyle from China for sale on the Martin forum (www.umgf.com)
for a reasonable price. I have the same one in an Engleman spruce top and I love the sound! It's a comfortable and very light guitar with powerful bass and clear trebles.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  07:49:51 AM  Show Profile
'pif,
just read your last reply - it's a shop - call ahead and the production mgr will tell you what they have in stock to try out (at least that's how it worked about 2 years ago
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  10:05:55 AM  Show Profile
Cool, Thanks Raymond. BTW, I heard Kenny yesterday a.m. on KSCO radio in Santa Cruz. Did a brilliant version of Leyenda on air.

Cheers,
Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

skinny1
Aloha

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  4:41:48 PM  Show Profile
Wow, this thread took a life of its own. The only reason I asked about Keola's guitar is because it had a rich sound. I am buying my first "fingerstyle/slack key" guitar and its going to be a Larrivee L-09. I did WEEKS of research on the Internet and in person and cannot find a better high end guitar for the money. I don't plan on only playing slack key, so I didn't necessarily need Koa back and sides. However, if I had $2K to spend and I wanted Koa I would definately consider the Goodall Aloha Grand Concert. That looks like a very sweet guitar. In case anybody is curious about Larrivee guitars here ya go...

www.Larrivee.com

Edited by - skinny1 on 09/17/2006 4:42:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  8:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Sir Piff, sorry for the late reply, I've been working 6 days a week over in Sunnyvale and putting plenty miles on my car! Just finished the job from H--l and am taking a deep breath. You know, Kenny doens't necessarily have a shop "front", although I have bought an ukulele right there, and he was kind enough to donate a beautiful uke for a fundraiser I was organizing. It all depends on whomever is there at the moment, but I'm sure they would accomodate you.

I see Kenny in the local grocery store now and then, but the last time I did I was chatting with the clerk and did not get a chance to ask Kenny about sales from his workshop.

He's a really nice fellow....
Miss seeing you, Julie

PS, I've also seen Keola do a pretty good picking job on a banjo at a party. Keola, are you out there? Speak to us.

Edited by - Julie H on 09/30/2006 8:06:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000