Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Luau at Norman WInery - report (Mark is da man!)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  05:52:34 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't find the "mother" post, hence the new topic.

Sheila and I went to the luau at Norman winery, in Paso Robles (Calif) two weekends ago. It was a great event. There may have been 40-50 people there. So it was intimate. Steve (the winemaker/last name withheld ) did a fantastic job hosting the event. The food was extremely ONO. The setting was on the patio/terrace outside the winery's tasting room and was beautiful.

Our own Mark Nelson provided the slack key entertainment. He did an exemplary job. He did my request of `Opihi Blues. I love that piece. When he played the Five Song Medley, I had to get up and check and see that Uncle Ray wasn't there. At the end We all stood and did Aloha `Oe and Hawai`i Aloha - it was magic.

And then to top things off I got to try his wonderful Nolte Koa Grand Auditorium.

Mahalo, Steve for the outstanding experience. It was great meeting you. Next time we'll jam.

Mahalo, Mark. It's always great seeing you (Aloha hugs to Annie for us). Next time you're down we'll have to get some more hummos and garlic dip from the Armenian Cafe in Carlsbad.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 09/11/2006 08:03:20 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000