Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 San Marcos - near Carlsbad
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  05:53:06 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
For those few of you who didn't recognize SCSKS or realize that it is all-inclusive, Rik & Donna Nieves, slkho, are hosting a kanikapila next Sunday after the Cerritos Ukulele Festival on Saturday. And remember, slackers, bass players, hula dancers, and crafty sorts are all included in the festival. Taropatchers Kona Bob Stouffer and Doug Katsumoto each have boothes and will probably know who the rest of us are. So at least consider looking us up if you are anywhere in SoCal.
aunty nancy

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  1:49:12 PM  Show Profile
Not to mention REALLY COOL Ipu heke artisans.
boom-slap-slap boom-boom-slap-slap-slap . . . .

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  3:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey -
I just got a post card from Bill and Vicki from Kaua'i... will they be there?? It'll be great to see everyone!!!!!
n
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  6:24:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy, do you get to see a certain person named Michael Wong? (I think that's his last name...) He and his son taught me how to make my ipu-heke several years ago here in Scotts Valley at a workshop. If you know him and see him at this festival, please give him my aloha.

Julie

PS: Wish I could come to this but my hubby is in Tacoma and my son has left for Hollywood again. I am on my own with 5 hungry mouths to feed. (cats) And two very obnoxious neighbors to deal with....

Edited by - Julie H on 10/02/2006 6:25:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  7:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
We'll be there Nancy -- just got back yesterday.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  2:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Yay, it'll be good to see Vicki and Bill!!! Boo - maybe Julie can come down one of these days - maybe on pretense of seeing son Corey in Hollywood. I know 2 Mike Wongs, but doubt they are your friends - common name... You think he might be at the festival?? We'll look for him. If ever you manage to find SoCal, we'll have a big kanikapila in your honor - that actually goes for all Taropatchers!!
n
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  12:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Nancy,
No trade koa for blue guitar

Will you play Kalo Man?
Rik and Donna will be in Cerritos on Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  4:45:15 PM  Show Profile
But Mike, will YOU be in Cerritos on Saturday?
Shoulder rebelled when washing fountain... cannot play yet... maybe by Sunday. At Camp Kahumoku 2 of the local youngsters played and sang a version that was very nice - they only used 2 chords, not 3. But they sounded way better than I.
CU all there!!!
n
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  09:24:45 AM  Show Profile
No. My brother-in-law is in town for a visit and the "honey-do" list keeps getting longer.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000