Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Chamarita/Malasadas
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danny Boy
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  5:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Danny Boy a Yahoo! Message
I hear from the net that Ozzie Kotani has the tabs for this tune...but he hasn't answered email requesting...so, before I get to be Ozzie's pest, I was hoping someone may have obtained the tabs already

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  08:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Aloha -

You may not be aware the the whole issue of sharing TABs has a bit of a history.

The short answer is that it is not encouraged.

You might want to spend a few... minutes? hours?? Days??? trolling the archives for the varrious views on the subject.

I will offer this: the tunes are pretty straight ahead- tune to double slack and play around till you get it. Even better, sit down with one of the fine players in the san diego area and ask 'em to show it.

I'll be posting my version of Malasdas on my website when I get the chance -- it's not the way Sonny or Ozzie plays it.

Thanks for posting & good luck!

Take care,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Danny Boy
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  3:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Danny Boy a Yahoo! Message
truthfully, the last time I looked for tabs was when OLGA was still online...I believe that was back in the 20th century..so my short answer is "You're correct Sir!" ..I didn't know of Tablature issues..(oh, great,another venue where I have mangaged to breach an obscure but relevant bit of etiquette..)and I haven't probed too far into all the places one can get on this net..and may never get the time to, so I'll just take your word for it..thanks for the advice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000