Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 SoCal Kanikapila - all welcome
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  3:02:41 PM  Show Profile
I actually saw Keith a few weeks ago AND HIS WIFE at the Open Mike. He was under the weather last week but expects to make it tonight.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  07:08:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey -
See if you can get them to come up Saturday!!
Go to Top of Page

keneke ka
Akahai

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  2:28:04 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear the Kanikapila is still a go.....what shall I bring fo kaukau ? or drinks, dessert ?
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  08:39:43 AM  Show Profile
...Nope, Keith & Suzy can't make it. Talk to him on tuesday night @ Kaisen's.
I may be wrong, but I don't think Bob's has live music on Saturday's. (thurs, friday's, sunday) If they're playing on saturday, I can be there, as me and misus will be hitting local eateries up in your area prior to arriving.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  12:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Plan right now: Jerry, Diane and I will hit Bob's Friday (today!) for dinner and show (pretty good deal - dinner and show for 2 - under $20).
Looks like we'll be able to be outside, at least until dark when it gets a bit cool.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  09:18:25 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pua Kai

Plan right now: Jerry, Diane and I will hit Bob's Friday (today!) for dinner and show (pretty good deal - dinner and show for 2 - under $20).
Looks like we'll be able to be outside, at least until dark when it gets a bit cool.

Is there something happening over Thanksgiving weekend? I'll be staying with my daughter in Westchester and visiting McCabe's friends and my borther in law in Claremont. Where's the good eating places on the West Side. I play steel guitar, whence the handle .

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  11:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
I'm going to ask at Bob's tonight to see if anyone's playing next weekend. We actually were going to have the kani next weekend until Capt Mike said he'd be off to Hawai'i, poor thing. Instead, he's off on business and still won't make it.
Please get in contact - I'm in the phonebook
nancy cook
manhattan beach
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  2:09:42 PM  Show Profile
sorry Nancy

I be racking up those frequent flyer miles
I don't even get to see Andy in NJ since he will be away for the holiday

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  12:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Posting these for Auntie Nancy. Looks like fun!

Louise (new uke player), Jerry, Dick (met at Bob's)

Dick and Dusty with Mary in the background

Linda and keneke ka
our own local dancers, Sydney and Kelly

Sheila and Diane
Go to Top of Page

dfpet
Aloha

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  12:02:09 PM  Show Profile
I just want to say a great big Mahalo to Nancy for a wonderful time at her Kanikapila. The food was really great and it was nice to meet new friends and again see some friends from the Southern Calif area I hadn't seen for awhile. Ken took us uke players aside to the patio and we really had a great time playing and singing. A couple of ladies new to ukelele joined in as Ken is a great teacher and he started off with a single chord song, and worked his way up to more chords. I hope they had as much fun as I did.
We also had a wonderful time at Bob's Ohana on Friday evening for the dinner and Hawaiian music. Uncle Henry Kamae and team really play wonderful old style, back porch, Hawaiian music. I can't wait to get back there again! I spoke to Uncle Henry after the performance and found out he is related to a good friend of ours we play music with in Vacaville/Fairfield. What a small world!
I hope lots of you folks can make it to our Vacaville kani December 10 from noon to 4 at the Perfect Blend Coffee House. Happy Holidays to all.
Diana

Diana
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  4:34:31 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Diana!
sorry about the misspelling on your name/photo....
Thanks for the invitation to your next kanikapila, but that's fireworks night down here!
Come back soon and we'll do it all over again.
For anyone else reading this from afar, be sure to get in touch before coming into the LA area and we'll try to arrange some music for you.
n
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000