Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Off topic help please
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  12:43:00 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou.

I feel guilty about going off topic, but not sure where else to get solid info. I'm thinking of getting a video recorder that records directly to disk which can be played in a DVD player. Any experience with this out there? Pro/cons? Recomendations?

Thanks, and thanks for tolerating an of topic posting

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  2:02:21 PM  Show Profile
Raymond... just think about how it might be used to record someone playing slack key... and voila, right back on topic!

:-)

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  7:49:24 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Raymond from another San Josean.
I have sent your question to a friend who lives in Florida (we've been friends since 1961 when I met him at his photo studio in Kaimuki) He's an expert on this subject.
Anywayz, if he has an answer I'll post it here.
Eddie, in San Jose
Go Sharks! 6-1 YEA BAYBEE!!
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  03:39:44 AM  Show Profile
Raymond,

What will your video source be? If a videocam, there is one that records (about 20 minutes) direct to a miniCD. Also, there are various video capture boards with Firewire, and other videocam interfaces, that can bring the video into your computer. They are not very expensive. Then there is software, Roxio has a cheap and decent one, that allows you to edit, make chapters, title, etc., and then you burn your own DVD (yes, you need a DVD burner - most are combo DVD/CD , but they have gotten cheap, too).

I have done this both with VHS tape and straight from a videocam replay. Editing takes a bit of work, as anything does if you want it to be nice, but it is easily doable. Also, remember this gets you the original NTSC resolution and aspect ratio; HD, it ain't.

...Reid

Edited by - Reid on 10/22/2006 03:41:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000