Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 San Francisco?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  2:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I'm going to have a short trip to San Francisco next week, 10/23-10/26. Anything going on or any slackers free on a weekday night?

I don't really know my itinerary but most likely will have a night or two free. Thought I'd put it out there just in case.

Andy

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:03:21 AM  Show Profile
... Is San Diego in your future anytime soon?
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  2:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Bummer, Andy. We'll be getting around midnight on Wednesday. I assume you're flying out on Thursday?

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  07:18:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andy,

I just read this post. There's a "Kani at Nani's" Donut Shop in Hayward this Thursday, from 6:00P-9:15P. There's a great group of folks and you'll fit right in. Sil da Tril coordinates. Don't know if you're leaving that day. Otherwise, please give me a call or e-mail. I work in S.F. Where are you staying? I would love to see you if I can.

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  8:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Andy:

Are you free Wednesday night? I can offer my hale for anyone who can get there, I live just north of San Francisco.
Or, the folks at Ka Leo Cafe on Irving Street usually don't mind if we play upstairs, there's room for about 8-10 guitars. Let us know and we'll be there!

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  1:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Auntie Cathe,

Forgive me for my ignorance about California. I never remember who lives where. All I know is that CA is one big state.

Doug was so awesome to come out to my hotel last night with 2 guitars and 2 `ukuleles. We must have played for almost 4 hours. I understand that this is nothing for you guys here. You're kanikapila monsters! Despite blowing me away with his nahenahe style and beautiful arrangements, I think Doug was just getting warmed up. Probably could have played until the sun came up.

Unfortunately, I think I am tied up tonight. It's been tough making plans for meeting up with 'patchers since my itinerary was planned by my colleague. I just go where I am told and am never really certain about where and when I am going each day. Can I take a rain check on fun at your hale or Ka Leo Cafe? It sounds like so much fun. I'm on an 11:15am flight back Thursday so it seems that I am out of time on this trip.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  8:58:22 PM  Show Profile
Andy, did the hotel guests on either side of your room enjoy the music?

It is my experience that hotel employees really don't like to see you come in with instruments, on accountta that you play too loud and too late and disturb the WAH of the place.

And why are your trips out here always soooo short?

Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 10/25/2006 8:59:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Julie H

Andy, did the hotel guests on either side of your room enjoy the music?
Hi Julie,

I think it was okay since we sounded so good. JUST KIDDING!!!

Because of the Oracle event, hotels were so booked that I ended up at Best Western El Rancho Suites in Millbrae. Perfect for kanikapila since I had a livingroom with bedrooms insulating my neighbors. No noise complaints.

Business trips are short, I guess. 2 days of meetings with several companies.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  6:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Andy, that's where we sometimes stay, because they have a park/fly package. You stay the night before you go to Hawai'i (you know, those flights usually leave in the morning) and you can park your car there for "free" for 14 days. Has worked out really well so far. A shuttle brings you to the airport and pickes you up when you return.

Larry wants to know: are you coming to George's camp next year?

Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  6:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Howzit Andy,

I’m so glad I got a chance to see you on this trip, especially after missing you the last couple of times. Jamming with you brought back so many fond memories of the late night kanikapilas in Napili and our last one in Pearl City. I had such a fun time—playing, singing, sharing new songs and licks, and just talking story. Eh, we sounded good, bruddah!

Hey Julie, both Andy and I play and sing very nahenahe so we probably put the hotel neighbors to sleep instead of keeping them up. Hard to believe we played for four hours--I don’t normally like to kanikapila for such a short time. :)

Anyhow Andy, on your next trip out here, we would love to have you join us at one of our monthly kanikapilas or open mics. Maybe stay over the weekend? You missed the Kani at Nani’s by just one day. Auwe! Was real good too—Uncle Charlie on steel guitar. Double Auwe!!

Hope you had a good trip back home. Send my greetings to Mrs. Admin—hope she can come next time.

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  05:51:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Aloha Doug:

Yes, inquiring minds would like to know if you will be coming to George's camp in 2007. Julie, Larry... Elizabeth and I will be there for sure! Working on Gordon, too. Dusty, Sheila (anyone else?)? Late night beach reunion in the making! - Maggie
Go to Top of Page

PearlCityBoy
Lokahi

USA
432 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  7:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Maggie,

Great to hear from you. I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to make Uncle George’s workshop in June. It really depends on family and work obligations, and I’ll know better once we get closer to the date. I was bummed I missed it this past summer. Anyhow, it would be great to kanikapila with the late-night beach gang again--so much fun, why sleep?

If you’re ever in the Bay Area, let us know. You’ll fit right in at the open mics and kanikapilas, or even an impromptu mini-kapila like the one I had with Andy.

Aloha,

Doug
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  01:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Sounds great, Doug! I am due for a trip to the Bay Area and would love to make it to one of the open mics or kanikapilas down there! Hope Uncle George's workshop will fit in to your schedule next year. It won't be the same without you. - Mags
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  5:21:17 PM  Show Profile
E aloha Maggie,

Will you let us know when you're planning on coming here, I want to make sure we get some time together.

...living from workshop to workshop...

Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000