Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Opihi Moemoe song question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  10:48:39 AM  Show Profile
In Led's "Waltz of the Wind" CD I notice that his version of this song stops momentarily and completely changes tempo with about one minute to go in the song. (6/8 to 4/4)? Why is this? Is it in fact two different songs?
It's almost like doing a fast dance suddenly changing to a slow dance. I know it ain't illegal, lol, but is this the way all versions are played?
Eddie

JimC
Lokahi

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  12:09:10 PM  Show Profile
I beleive what you are refering to is the reprise. In this version he slows down the tempo and plays it on a resonator guitar.

He does this with a couple of songs on this CD.

Jim
http://www.ohanahulasupply.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  05:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Eddie,
You can pretty much count on Led doing something different each time he plays a piece, so ... no, it's not the way all versions are played. It's the way that version is played! :-)

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Eddie
Aloha

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  7:21:45 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Sarah

Eddie,
You can pretty much count on Led doing something different each time he plays a piece, so ... no, it's not the way all versions are played. It's the way that version is played! :-)

aloha,
Sarah

Sarah, when I first heard this piece, I thought the song had ended and another one started. But when I looked at the track list I couldn't figure out what that song was. Hmm, maybe they went sneak one song without giving credit. Later, of course, I find out it's just Led's way of doing something a little different.
Thanks for the info
Eddie
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  06:31:25 AM  Show Profile
I asked Led about how he played, he said that he just played the way he felt at the time. Each time is different. I guess he no like 'come bored.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000