Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Big Island ukulele happenings report
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tonya
Lokahi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  12:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tonya's Homepage
(I'm not sure if this should be here or on the "reports from events" section, but since it covers not only an official "event" but also just plain old ukulele happenings, I'm sticking it here. Feel free to move it, Andy!)

We returned last week from our "ukulele-centric" trip to Hawaii (the Big Island). I've updated my ukulele blog to include information and photos of the event as well as some of the details (including a private lesson with James Hill). It's long, but I thought some of you might be interested in a "virtual" ukulele experience.
http://ukuleletonya.com/blog/

As always, it was great seeing so many "friends" there, including Bruddah Mark, Joel Ernest, KonaBob, Scott B. and Sam Rosen. Aloha and mahalo to all who made this such a great trip.

http://www.uketreasures.com
http://www.ukuleletonya.com

parotatch
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  8:41:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the delightful blog report.

Did you get to do any of the workshops? Hill and Kamakahi -- wished I could have sat in on theirs.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  12:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I enjoyed the report and photos. Thanks Tonya!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kai Kane
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  06:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kai Kane's Homepage
Aloha Tonya:
Thanks,yet again, for taking me mentally from the to Hawai`i nei. Kanikapili in Holualoa and Keauhou, waves at Banyans!
When we go it's ohana centered but I manage to get some music in.
I picked up a D hole koa tenor from Uncle Dennis last summer and I can't put it down...just for your consideration.
Great website!
A hui hou,
Sandy.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  4:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing, Tonya. I wish I'd had a chance to meet you in Cerritos!
Aloha!
n
Go to Top of Page

Boost
Aloha

12 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  7:09:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kai Kane

I picked up a D hole koa tenor from Uncle Dennis last summer and I can't put it down...

Hi, I just recieved a D hole Koa Tenor Jazz cutaway from Dennis Lake a few days ago.. imagine how it is practically glued to my hands at this time. Its absolutely wonderful in all respects, if I do put it down (to rest my hands) I cannot keep my eyes off of it..the curly Koa is just mesmerizing. The Lyle Ritz solo pieces I learned sound so much better now than on my old concert uke. love that cutaway..
Go to Top of Page

Kai Kane
Aloha

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  05:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kai Kane's Homepage
Mahalos to Dennis,The Wizard of Honu`apo!
Go to Top of Page

goto636
Aloha

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  7:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful blog Tonya. It was like taking a 10 minute vacation and playing a uke on the beach! Thanks for sharing!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000