Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 CD distribution
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  11:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
I read somewhere that there is a web-site for unsigned artists to sell their music. I've been to the web-site but can't seem to find it again. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about. From what I remember reading, they take only a small portion of sales. Kind of a cool resource for musicians that aren't signed to a label and need a way to distribute their music.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  9:43:30 PM  Show Profile
Could that be cdbaby.com?

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  09:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
I signed up with CDBaby.com several years ago, and they have my wholehearted support. They are honest as the day is long, helpful, friendly, easy to work with... and they have maybe the best digital distribution deal in the biz.

CDbaby.com is the retail store.

If you have a CD to sell, go to CDBaby.net to sign up: http://cdbaby.net/

In contrast, Amazon Advantage, Amazon.com's indy arm, is monolithic, expensive and difficult. At their pay rate and considering the cost of mailing, I lose maybe $35 per CD sold.... I'm still with 'em, though, cuz getting a CD into someone's ears is better than nothing ... it's called "Exposure, dahling."

For the unitiated, "exposure" means you play for free, hand out you CDs gratis or get ripped off in some other way... Like I always say when some slime ball promoter asks me to play a gig and uses the "e" word: "Remember, you can die of exposure.." But I digress.

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 01/13/2007 09:28:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  8:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Darin
Lokahi

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  08:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Darin's Homepage
You might also want to look at www.tunecore.com for digital distribution with international iTunes stores, Rhapsody and Napster. There is some overlap with CDBaby, but Tunecore also captures a few that CDBaby does not.

Darin
http://www.hawaiiguitar.com/
Go to Top of Page

andyjade
Akahai

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  09:39:05 AM  Show Profile
You can also see mp3s on sites like www.stage.fm. They seem to be pretty fair....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000