Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 North Pole, Alaska
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  1:49:51 PM  Show Profile
HEY KARL!
I have a friend coming up to Fort Wainwright next week. He is a Slack Key fan and used to live on Oahu. He said North Pole is just a few miles from where he will be staying.
Where is it you and your buddies play? What do you guys call yourselves -- the Grizzled Slackers?

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Mka ele
So sorry to have missed your friend. If he is still in the area, have him give me a call at 907-322-0242. I was at camp on Moloka'i.
I am currrently the only slacker i know i n the whole interior of Alaska. I play weekly at Pioneer Park i n fairbanks at noon. My good friend and pickin partner is back east taking care of his mom's funeral. He and i are the Nahenahe Grizzlies when we get together and play.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Kawehipulamahia
Aloha

13 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  3:48:52 PM  Show Profile
quote:

I am currrently the only slacker i know i n the whole interior of Alaska.

Actually, I think Keali`i Blaisdell still lives in Alaska, well I know he moved back to the Big Island, but his wife is still there so he goes back and forth. Didn't he learn from uncle Cyril Pahinui?

Edited by - Kawehipulamahia on 02/17/2007 3:49:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  12:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
Actually, your right. I live in Kea'au, HI and I do fly back and forth to Anchorage. And yes, uncle Cyril did teach me.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  12:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by kealiiblaisdell

Actually, your right. I live in Kea'au, HI and I do fly back and forth to Anchorage. And yes, uncle Cyril did teach me.

E Keali'i, when did you you move to Kea'au? You didn't tell me that you moved. I still have your number that you gave me for Alaska. You still use that number or what? Let me know because Alex and I want to call you.

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  3:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage

Hoooo! Who dat guy with the funny guitar????

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  8:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
And there's a picture of Mr. Beamer himself playing that guitar on the AMC site. Have the orders started flying in yet Karl???

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

kealiiblaisdell
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  12:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit kealiiblaisdell's Homepage  Click to see kealiiblaisdell's MSN Messenger address
lol, i moved liked last year. I fly back and forth. I'll always have this number coz my wife still works there and my work keeps me in Hawai`i. Well, i'm from Kea`au (South Hilo).
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  6:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by kealiiblaisdell

lol, i moved liked last year. I fly back and forth. I'll always have this number coz my wife still works there and my work keeps me in Hawai`i. Well, i'm from Kea`au (South Hilo).

Aloha again, e Keali'i! lol... thanks for letting me know. E malama pono, a hui hou!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  11:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Jeff, that is not mr.Beamer himself, but me by the fire, playing the Medusa, my homemade answer to travel guitars. Lots of folks liked the look and feel and sound, but, no, no orders yet. Haven't even decided what to ask for one.
Jesse,
that's me, and the guitar was born of the Weissonetti. GOt tired of my little Martin backpacker's wimpy sound, figured i could do better. Came up with a hollow necked, fretable travel guitar that sounds pretty darned good. Come on up and I'll show it to you, it's only 46 below zero!
hawaiimusiclover;
I put in the word 'interior' because that excludes Anchorage, which is not really in Alaska anyway, and does have several slackers, most notably Earl. Here in the niddle of the state, I am still the only one. However, if there is another and he/she is reading this, GIVE ME A CALL, YOU NINNY!

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  6:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Jeff,
My apologies; re-reading your post i finally got the AMC connection. I did not realize Mark had taken a picture of that scene. Maybe i could use if for endorsmant/advetising, eh? Keola was quite intrigued with the little guitar, but made no mention of scrapping his Grimes's for one of my crude models. I am busy refining my techniques and hope to have something suitable for sale in a month or so. Then i will tap into the 'shameless commerce department' and try to hawk a few on the unsuspecting public. I hope they will be pleased :)

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  09:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage
Karl, I think you should come back for the June camp so I could give one a try!!

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  1:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Jeff,
Thanks, I'll add that to my list of reasons I'm concocting to try to convince my wife this is a must-do trip!
Meanwhile, drop me a personal email and i will send you an audio clip of the little guy in action.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000