Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Kamaka Concert
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  1:20:51 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all,

Any one have a Kamaka concert and how do you like it? Does it project well, etc.

Thanks!

Pops

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  6:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Pops, I do and I like it very much. Solidly built of Koa, projects and sustains very well. Having trouble making up your mind? There are so many wonderful instruments out there, makes you wish you were a millionaire so you could buy them all! Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  12:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Pops, I have a 1959 which I love to play. It's a little brighter than a tenor, and very comfortable to hold because it's a shallow body. It projects well, but the C string is a little quiet, I think, because of the smaller body volume.
The wood on the top is incredibly thin, making it bright for picking, but you also have to treat it carefully to avoid chipping around the sound hole.
I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I listen to Bruddah Iz and the Ka'au Crater Boys a lot. It sounds more like Troy's uke (bright and sharp) rather than Iz's Martin (mellow and well-balanced). Wish I could play like either one.
I put all-nylon standard strings on it, and it sounds better than the tenor string set, which has a wound third.
Jesse Tinsley

Edited by - hapakid on 12/04/2002 12:25:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  08:25:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for your input folks. I appreciate your time and expertise. Best wishes for the holidays!

Pops
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  10:56:22 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Well after some very exhausting research and many miles logged trying out 'ukuleles Santa brought be a new Kamaka concert. It's beautiful, plays like a dream, and it's really well built. I'm stoked, on vacation and plan to play all day long!

Best wishes to you all for a very blessed Christmas and a happy, healthy music-filled New Year. And mahalo to all for your suggestions on what to buy. It helped and I appreciate it!

Pops
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000