Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 He punahele no oe
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  10:50:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I put this question out on Aloha Music Camp website, but thought I'd try it here as well. I'm trying to figure out the subtle chord changes on He punahele noe oe, as done by the Sons of Hawai'i. (On my uke.) But since I'm such a novice, I can't seem to get it just right. Does anyone know these chords, and would you share it with me? Hoping everyone is getting in the mood for a festive Christmas or Hannukah, thanks, Julie

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  09:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Julie,

Keola handed out his slack key arrangement of this song at the Aloha camp 2001. I think that's in the key of G.

If nobody comes up with it before I get home, I'll grab my `ukulele and try to figure out what the Sons' chords are. Do you know what key they play it in? Aloha to you, Larry and the rest of the TaroPatch `ohana. We're getting 6-8" of snow over here today. Whoo hoo!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  10:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Julie,
Theres an Aloha Camp website? Lemme know please please okay?

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  2:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
http://www.alohamusiccamp.com/index.html

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  11:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Mike, there is http://alohamusiccamp.manilasites.com as well. That's where we've been gabbing about anything and everything regarding camp and traveling there, etc. Oh, I believe this site is available for camp attendees only.

Andy, I'm getting out my skiis for your 6" of snow. Do you have any hills there? And I believe Sons of Hawai'i play it in the key of D. Since I did not attend the guitar sessions at the first Beamer camp, I missed out!! Thanks for the effort, Julie (But I didn't miss much else at that camp!)

Edited by - Julie H on 12/05/2002 11:04:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  12:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hi Julie!

Not much in the way of mountains in NJ. I always thought our little hills were fun but the New Englanders laugh at us and then the people out west laugh at them. I hate the cold weather but actually love the snow. It's beautiful tonight.

I had forgotten but I think Keola's arrangement is also on his instruction video. Also, I think it's in the key of C not G. Anyway, I listened to the sound clip at mele.com (thanks Auntie!) and did my best. I think this may need to be a collaborative effort. Please fill in the blanks. This is what I came up with (as you said in the key of D).

DB7E7E7
A7A7DA7
DB7E7E7
E7E7A7A7

DDAm7G
EEA7A7

That Am7 is all open strings on the `ukulele (don't fret any strings). I have no idea what the chord is here. I can hear two notes D and E being plucked in the recording.

Check http://www.sheep-entertainment.nl/ukulele/chordfinder.html if you need to. Julie - you're the pro. Please figure it out and let me know?!?!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  01:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andy, thanks a heap. I'll get right on it. I have been playing it in the key of C and maybe now I can actually get the right chords. Really appreciate your efforts. If you want to come out to Sunny California, I'll take you and Lynette skiing at Lake Tahoe! Funny winter, though. It's been kind of warm. Even Deborah in Alaska says it's been unseasonably warm, 30-40 degrees! Hope Keola, Moanalani and George Vincent (tour manager) have good weather when they go up there next week! Hope they also have their warm flanney pajamas. 30 is kind of cold for a Hawaiian, no? Brrrr, Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000