Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kailua- o'ahu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

annieboo
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  12:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Looking for a jam session for fun and learning. I just finished beginners uke at the rec center and am dying to learn more. I stay home with the kids so anything in the morning would be better(and if you wouldn't mind a little 3 year old who sometimes picks her pink uke up and strums along too), but I can also get a sitter.
Aloha, Annie

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  12:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the forum Annie. You will find a bunch of great people here. I moved here to Olympia, WA almost five years ago after living in Kailua since 1957. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you as I play mostly slack key guitar. I'm sure someone will chime in with suggestions for you!

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  4:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Here on the mainland a number of senior centers have a weekly jam session. I would be surprised if you weren't welcome, even though you are a youngster.
Go to Top of Page

annieboo
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  09:37:39 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the input! the senior center is a good idea. i will check it out.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  9:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Annie,
Check with Joe Souza (founder of Kanile'a Ukuleles) in Kaneohe. I am sure he will knoe of locals to jam with. I understand there is a weekly jam at the Waikiki Police Station but not sure of the days or time. Gordon Mark gives lessons at the KoAloha Factory near the CostCo in Honolulu on Tuesday nights (on hold untile they finish the new showroom at the factory).

CAPT Mika'ele

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000