Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Don Ho memorial
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  07:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
A friend of ours who happened to be at the right place at the right time took this picture. They were able to observe the whole memorial service. They watched as many sang and as his ashes were taken out and dispersed in the waters off Waikiki. Some of you may know who some of these guys are. The only one I recognize is Aaron Mahi. Thought you might enjoy seeing this picture.

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  09:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
This is the Kamehameha Alumni Concert Glee Club. Don was an alumnus of Kamehameha. They carry on the rich tradition of Hawaiian glee club singing that rose to prominence during the Nalani Eha period in Hawaiian music history. The gentleman on Aaron's right shoulder is Fred Kamaka, one of the owners of Kamaka ukulele. Most of the members are much older than me. from this photo I can only recognize just a few of the others. I was asked last week if I would be interested in becoming a member, I kind of debating it right now but I'll probably be joining them at some point. I teach my advance class on the night that they rehearse, so that is going to require some adjustments somewhere along the line.
Peter Medeiros
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000