Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Zoom H-4 File transfer
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davey
Akahai

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  07:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Davey's Homepage
Well, since TP-ers appear to own more H-4's than the rest of the planet combined ....
I'm about to become a MacBook owner and wondered if anyone has recorded ON the H-4 and then tranferred to Garage Band? I do a bit of field recording, etc.
Mahalo in advance and feel free to PM me if you have detailed info, etc.
Davey

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  07:58:28 AM  Show Profile
You can record as Mp3 or .wav. Don't know GarageBand, but if it can read either of these, you're probably ok. H4 has a usb 2.0 interface. You may be able to use it as a direct interface to the Mac, instead of recording and then transferring.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  09:30:16 AM  Show Profile
GB Help says the following. (I'm not familiar with GB but it seems all export possibilities are via iTunes?) Transferring should be a snap with the USB 2.0, and let you take advantage of portability of the zoom.

"You can import audio files into a project. You can import any of the following file formats:

AIFF
WAV (including Sony ACID files)
AAC (except protected AAC files)
Apple Lossless
MP3
Compressed audio files you import into a project remain compressed, saving space and time.

To import an audio file:

Drag the audio file you want to import from the Finder into the timeline.

You can drag the audio file either to a Real Instrument track, or to the empty area below the existing tracks. The audio file appears as a Real Instrument region. If you drag the audio file to the area below existing tracks, a new track is created for the audio file.

Audio files you import from the Finder do not change to match the tempo or key of your project."

Edited by - Sarah on 05/11/2007 09:36:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  10:48:48 AM  Show Profile
The H4 SD card is, when the Zoom is connected to a computer via USB 2 (preferably) or even USB 1, essentially an external "disk". In fact, you can simply take out the SD card and put it into a USB connected reader, like the one I bought from NewEgg for $11. You don't actually need the Zoom if you have such a reader. It is exactly like connecting your digital camera to a computer to copy the pix that its SD card contains.

After your computer recognizes the external device, just find the proper "folder" (directory) on the SD Card and drag and drop the files into the "folder" you wish to store them in. It is then the job of the application program (in your case GB) to deal with the files. As has been said, it certainly should be able to process mp3s and wavs.

Sarah has given you the alternate instructions for putting the files directly into GB, but you don't need to do that. Files are files are files...

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Davey
Akahai

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  06:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Davey's Homepage
I love this board!
Thanks for the excellent info, gang. I think I'm ready to roll.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000