Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 ELEUKE Silent Ukulele
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deloway
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  07:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Anyone ever tried this ELEUKE Silent Ukulele? You can purchase it from MGM and also check it out at eleuke.com. I was interested in getting an electric ukulele like this. Please let me know. Thanks.

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  01:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
I played one the other day and I like the feel and look. But I don't like the noise you get with passive pickups. Do they have any models with active pickups? Active pickups are more expensive but make a huge difference in the sound quality. I don't really understand why an electric instrument would have passive pickups anyway. The acoustic quality of the ukulele seems to be lingering in the mind of the designer. They need to improve the sound with better electronics and maybe an on board EQ.

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page

deloway
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  12:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for your reply Hikabe. I went ahead and ordered one from MGM. According to the Eleuke website, it's the TK100-WET model with a Dean Markley undersaddle pickup. I assumed that it was an active pickup. We'll see how it goes when I get it. Anyway, MGM has a 3 day return policy if it dosen't work out. I'll let you guys know what happens.
quote:
Originally posted by hikabe

I played one the other day and I like the feel and look. But I don't like the noise you get with passive pickups. Do they have any models with active pickups? Active pickups are more expensive but make a huge difference in the sound quality. I don't really understand why an electric instrument would have passive pickups anyway. The acoustic quality of the ukulele seems to be lingering in the mind of the designer. They need to improve the sound with better electronics and maybe an on board EQ.

Go to Top of Page

b00gedy
Aloha

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  7:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit b00gedy's Homepage
I played one the other day at a music store in Wahiawa town. I had it hooked up to the amp with some blues distortion and was really impressed with the feel and the way it played. The price was also about half what I am finding based on the links from their website.
Go to Top of Page

deloway
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  10:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info. Is it OK to name the music store? If so, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again.
quote:
Originally posted by b00gedy

I played one the other day at a music store in Wahiawa town. I had it hooked up to the amp with some blues distortion and was really impressed with the feel and the way it played. The price was also about half what I am finding based on the links from their website.

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  12:09:52 PM  Show Profile
It is the only one in town -- across the street from Zippy's.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

deloway
Aloha

5 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  8:15:26 PM  Show Profile
*Update* I finally received the Eleuke I ordered from Musicmicguy. My first impression was that the acoustics produced was just OK, nothing spectacular. Maybe because I was only using a 10-watt amp. After I hooked up a Dean Markley DME-3 Outboard Preamp between the instrument and the amp, the Eleuke now sounds totally awesome and this is with a 10-watt practice amp. Imagine the possiblilities if I had at least a 25-watt amp. The preamp solved the issues associated with a passive pickup. The other thing I really like about the uke is that you can hookup a headphone to the amp and practice without disturbing anyone else at home. It's just like an electric guitar. And finally, it's small and silent enough to practice on a plane without bothering the other passengers. I'll give this one 5 out of 5 stars.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000