Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Falsetto2002
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  8:34:56 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all,

I luv to kanikapila da old kin style...cha-lang-a-lang kin.

So where are the places we can jam. Uncle Danny emailed me that the Ginger Palace in the Ramada Inn by the airport and Pac Island Grill in Federal Way get jams. Now I am back and in touch with da locals, I like make more music...hahahaha.

Especially da kin muzic we made at the NWFolklife. Hawai'i Aloha and Aloha Oe put a punch to ending our portion of the show. I totally had fun with thumbstruck, slupry1, Hilinai, and noeau. So, anyone interested in da old kin music (Aunty Genoa, Gabby, Ho'opi'i and dem guys; I would appreciate it. But my work schedule is kapakahi...so email me at gtm930 @ gmail.com to keep me updated.

Leo Ki'eki'e
Kalei

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  02:53:52 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Braddah! Jus' let me know your schedule, can jam plenny places. Uncle Danny an' da gang ready.
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  3:33:15 PM  Show Profile
You know

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Falsetto2002
Akahai

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  6:38:58 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by thumbstruck

Eh, Braddah! Jus' let me know your schedule, can jam plenny places. Uncle Danny an' da gang ready.

I always work Saturdays from 2-10:30pm. Friday nights I am always free unless I plan an evening with friends. Thursday nights early, I have to be at work at 5am...killahz. Sundays I do some volunteer work and clean a friends parents yard. the berry buses are starting to say "Feed Me!"

Leo Ki'eki'e
Kalei
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  2:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha! Maybe I could join in the next time I come to Hawai'i Nei. I love Hawaiian music.

Mahalo,
'Alika

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  4:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
`Alika - the folks in this thread (so far) are in the Seattle area; but if you come up this way, you gotta let us know...
Go to Top of Page

Hilinai
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  08:07:01 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Gary,

I'm just back from my latest biz trip and hope I can keep my feet on the ground long enough to get with you.

I would love to get with you sometime soon with a bunch of the other guys too if possible. Sorry I missed the jam at aunty Nanis on Friday, I do plan to be at Kona Kitchen on Sunday (thats tomorrow).

Since we both live in Issy maybe we can get together in the evenings sometime. I would love to learn a few things from you and jam too.

Hope to see you soon.

Aloha,

Hili
Go to Top of Page

hikabe
Lokahi

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  09:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit hikabe's Homepage
If you are in SF/CA, come in to The Hukilau restaurant when I perform and join me for a jam. Bring your instrument and at least two songs. I'll buy you a drink, if you're good, and poki if you are real good. Go to link for schedule. The Hukilau has three locations and lot's of Hawaiian ambience.

Everybody loves da Hukilau for Hawaiin style food, drinks and music.
http://www.dahukilau.com/entertainment/index.html

Mahalo
Hiram Bell

Stay Tuned...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000