Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Piracy, Free Distribution, Economics
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  12:05:29 AM  Show Profile
There's a great article which can be accessed off NahenaheNet that makes some very cogent points about the economics of music distribution. I highly recommend reading the article. If anyone reads this and Janis Ian's article circulating on the net and still believes the stuff that recording companies are dishing out, well, please email you so I can send some photos of really great property for sale in Death Valley.
Raymond
San Jose

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  12:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I skimmed the article last week and really enjoyed it. I wanted to post a thank you to Keola D. for the link but couldn't remember my log in.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  12:20:35 AM  Show Profile
How about a link?

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  12:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Oops, good idea...

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  12:53:26 AM  Show Profile
Pauline: www.nahenahe.net

Thank you Raymond. I read the article and it refines the point I was attempting to make in my post 'pirated CD's. I appreciated your follow-on to that posting as well. I half figured I would be banned from TaroPatch for not following popular policy.
I continue to agree, its a whacky world in recorded media. However to blindly follow the direction of the RIAA, or other large conglomerations with respect to what you should be allowed to listen to......well, ante up for that Death Valley beach-front property.

alive and well, living in suburbia..

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  09:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I half figured I would be banned from TaroPatch for not following popular policy.
Nah!

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000