Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Da Kine Music Gear
 Roland CD-2 CF/CD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rlowenote
Akahai

84 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  07:28:38 AM  Show Profile
I was looking at getting a hand held recorder recently in my local music store when I ran into a friend selling his Roland unit to finance some microphones for his computer recording system. It's hard for me to pass up a "SMOKING DEAL", so now I have what I consider to be a great tool for working on material.

My former instructor uses this unit to record their band practices and then burns CD's for everyone to take home and practice. It also changes pitch and/or speed when playing CD's and allows me to play along with recordings done in F-Taropatch without retuning my 12 string down to F.

The only downside at this time is the unit requires AC power and is a bit bulky. A handheld with battery power will still have it's place for workshops and such. But I plan on taking it to jams and record the whole thing, capturing songs I would like to learn. I should be able to record several hours of music, burn to CD, erase the card and record more.

Ralph

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000