Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 "Duke's Ukes" contest - 9/8 - Waikiki
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  07:59:56 AM  Show Profile
Press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DUKE’S WAIKIKI HOSTS 2ND ANNUAL DUKE’S UKES CONTEST
HONOLULU – Fingers will by flying and toes will be tapping as Duke’s Waikiki presents the 2nd annual Duke’s Ukes Contest on Saturday, September 8, 2007. Some of the island’s best amateur ukulele players will take the stage and rally up crowd support at the popular beachfront restaurant as they compete for prizes and bragging rights in four age divisions.

“We are excited to host the 2nd annual Duke’s Ukes Contest,” said Ross Anderson, senior general manager at Duke’s Waikiki. “Last year, we had participants ranging in age from six to 71, and we were so impressed not only by their incredible playing but their incredible stage presence. It was amazing!”

The Duke’s Ukes Contest will be held on Saturday, September 8, 2007 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m at Duke’s Waikiki. Contestants will compete in four age categories, including: Ages 6 - 10; Ages 11 – 15; Ages 16 – 18; Ages 19 and older. Participation is free and advance registration is required. The restaurant will be holding two auditions on August 11 and August 18 during which interested players can apply to compete.

For more information or to obtain an application form for the Duke’s Ukes Contest, which is also sponsored in part by the Outrigger Waikiki, the Pacific Music Foundation, and Kamaka Ukuleles, contact Maria McGregor via email at maria @ beckercommunications.com or by calling Becker Communications at (808) 533- 4165.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000